Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> David foster wallace undergraduate thesis

David foster wallace undergraduate thesis

Oct/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

‘Fate, Time, and Language’ - The New …

David foster wallace undergraduate thesis

Custom Essay Order -
Fate, Time, and Language: An Essay …

bibliology outline Bibliology, according to the opinions of almost everyone I can find, is the study of what the Bible is and what it says about itself. Note: The outlines referenced in this page need to be updated to the 7th Edition. But these serve their purpose well enough to make the point. The 7th Edition format is far more detailed than the one seen here. A good example of this is found in the following outline taken from david, a web article on Bible.org on the subject Bibliology - The Doctrine of the Written Word by J. Hampton Keathley, III.

Introduction to frailty thy name is woman essay, Bibliology. Terms Used for the Bible. Attitudes or Viewpoints Toward the Bible. The Bible: The Written Word of God. The Bible: The Inspired Revelation of God.

The Bible: The Inerrant Word of God. The Bible: The Holy Canon of Scripture. The Bible: Understanding Its Message. The Bible: Alive and Powerful (Animation) Concluding Thoughts on Bibliology. Now friends, I don't disagree with much that this author had to say about the Bible, if anything. Thesis? But I believe that Bibliology is much more than simply examining what the Bible is, and rushessay essay, what it says about itself. That is foster undergraduate all good information, and things that every Believer should know; but in my opinion, it is not true Bibliology. If anything, it is just barely skimming the surface of true Bibliology, because it doesn't really tell you what the resume, Bible actually says about itself. It is kind of like saying, The President of the United States is a human being; and then assuming that this is all that we need to know about this person before electing him. Anyone with experience in our political system would understand that we need to know far more about this person before we will trust him/her with our votes to assume the leadership of the most powerful nation on earth. We need to undergraduate, know whether he/she is ar supervisor resume trustworthy, honest, upholds the basic values that most of us hold dear: free enterprise; life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the value of human life, and so on.

If you really want to know what the wallace undergraduate, Bible says about itself, you must examine and study each Book individually, to learn: The subject matter of the Book (the Theme) The true outline of the text within the Book, based upon the actual organization of the text itself, not one that is essay derived from the foster thesis, analyst's personal understanding, which may be, and probably is, flawed. The themes of the true outline. Thy Name? Now I want to be fair here: Bible.org has posted many studies of individual Bible books which are quite valuable and enlightening, as far as they go. However, their outlines of each Book are not based upon the true format of the david foster wallace undergraduate thesis, Bible, which is based upon the Golden Ratio; therefore, studying the Bible using their material will only result in frustration and more confusion about what the Bible really teaches. I will use some of the material from Bible.org as an example of on courtrooms, what it is wrong with Biblical scholarship today, and david wallace thesis, since Bible.org (as far as I can tell) represents an short on amitabh Evangelical (soft Fundamentalist) perspective (since some of its posters were educated at Dallas Theological Seminary [an Evangelical institution]), I think it is typical of what you will hear and read from most Bible-believing pastors/teachers/college professors. Evangelicals and foster, Fundamentalists (usually, but not always) share similar Biblical views on core theological doctrines.

There is much disagreement on other issues, which I don't want to get into here. The following was copied from the on courtrooms, introduction to Matthew from Bible.org: A. Until the foster undergraduate, time of the Renaissance/Reformation the Gospel of Matthew was thought to have been the first Gospel written (and still is by the Roman Catholic church). B. It was the bachchan, most copied, most quoted, most used Gospel in catechism and in the early liturgy by the church for the first two centuries. C. William Barclay in david wallace, The First Three Gospels , p. 19, said “When we turn to Matthew, we turn to the book which may well be called the most important single document of the Christian faith, for in it we have the is woman, fullest and the most systematic account of the life and the teachings of david foster undergraduate, Jesus.” This is because it developed the teachings of Jesus in a thematic way. It was used to teach new converts (both Jew and Gentile) about the life and message of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ. Short? D. It forms a logical bridge between the Old and New Covenants, between Jewish believers and Gentile believers. David Foster Wallace? It used the Old Testament in a promise/fulfillment format as did the early sermons of Acts which are called the kerygma . The Old Testament is quoted over fifty times and alluded to rushessay essay, many more.

Also, many of the titles and analogies used of YHWH are applied to Jesus. E. Therefore, the purposes of The Gospel According to Matthew were evangelism and discipleship, the twin aspects of the Great Commission (28:19-20). Wallace? 1. They were to help convert Jews by informing them of Jesus’ life and teachings, 2. On Eugene? They were to disciple both believing Jews and Gentiles into how they should live as Christians. Now friends, let me offer a critique of this introduction to Matthew: Have you really learned anything about the Gospel of wallace, Matthew after having read this? Have you learned anything about the central theme of Mathew? My answer is very little. What is correct: A, B, E(1). What is partially correct: D. What is false or simply confusing information: C, D, E and E(2). I agree with A and B, but does it really provide any insight into thy name is woman Matthew itself?

No. I don't really care what the Catholic religion did with or thinks about the Book of Matthew. It is a false religion and david foster wallace thesis, is not worthy of study, except what God says about it in Revelation 17. C is just plain wrong: it is not the single most important document of the writing ap english essay, Christian faith: there is no one most important document of the Christian faith; all of the Bible is the wallace thesis, most important document of the Christian faith. Ascribing that importance to a single document in the Bible goes much too far and distorts the Bible. And Matthew is not the fullest and most systematic account of the resume, life and teachings of Jesus: Luke fits that bill, but not Matthew. D: Matthew does form a logical bridge between the Old and New Covenants, but there is no such thing as an Old and New Testament: the Golden Ratio format, which is from God, proves that this is foster thesis a false concept. The rest of short essay on amitabh, D is true as far as it goes.

E (main): These statements about the purposes of Matthew are just plain wrong: the Golden Ratio theme for Matthew proves that. E.1: True, Matthew is david undergraduate thesis aimed directly at the Jewish people, and was clearly written to help convert Jews to faith in Christ. E.2: Only partially true: Matthew is a record of the Jew's Messiah (Jesus) speaking to the Jews as Believers under the Old Covenant, not as Christians under the New Covenant. The Sermon on the Mount is ap english essay Jesus speaking to the Jews, and teaching THEM how to foster wallace undergraduate thesis, live as God truly wanted them to live under the Old Covenant. The New Covenant was not yet in force, and sacrificial offerings in the Temple in rushessay essay, Jerusalem were still honored by God (Matthew 5:23-24; 23:16-21), until the veil of the Temple was torn in two pieces when Jesus died on the cross and david foster, did away with the Old Covenant completely. Trying to interpret the Gospel of Matthew without also taking this context into account leads to false interpretations and a warped theology. Now let's examine an resume outline of foster undergraduate, Matthew from Daniel B. Wallace, from Bible.org (sub-points omitted to make it easier to follow).

Now I want to say before proceeding any further, that I greatly respect Dr. Wallace, and his ability with the Scriptures. He has a Ph.D. from Dallas Theological Seminary, has authored a standard textbook on Biblical Greek, and currently is a professor of New Testament Studies at ar supervisor, his Alma Mater. My purpose here is not to put him down, humiliate him, or denigrate him in any way. I have used his outline of Matthew merely as an illustration of how poorly understood the Bible in general is among even the most eminent Bible scholars, such as Dr. David Thesis? Wallace. The reason for the haphazardness and lack of short bachchan, any real information in this outline of Matthew is because Dr. Wallace was using either the King James Version or some other modern Bible versions that follow the false Old and New Testament format, along with the chopped-up format of Chapters and Verses that other Bible versions have inherited from the Robert Stephanus Chapter and Verse system. The Stephanus Chapter and Verse system of organizing (or rather, disorganizing) the Bible makes it almost impossible to discern the true flow and movement of Scripture, even by such eminent and capable theologians as Dr.

Wallace. It places a grid of wallace thesis, confusing and false organization of the Bible text over the Bible, so that interpreters feel compelled to follow it, and try to interpret the Bible using it in spite of its obvious shortcomings. Frailty Is Woman Essay? Therefore, the reason for the poor outline of foster wallace thesis, Matthew from Dr. Wallace has nothing to do with how smart or capable he is with the Scriptures, because I have read his textbook on Greek, and believe me, he has probably forgotten more about Greek than I will ever know! He is probably one of the best there is on that subject, and on the subject matter that he has been teaching for a number of years. Essay On Amitabh? Nonetheless, even Dr. Wallace wasn't able to correctly discern the true outline for Matthew, because of the Stephanus format grid which blocks a clear view of the Scriptures, and forced him to come up with the best outline that he could, which is not much different than other outlines of Matthew that you could find from other Bible scholars. I want to emphasize here that I am not picking on Dr. Wallace! I am merely using him as an example of what you will find with other Bible scholars of all Evangelical or Fundamental stripes.

I'm sure that he is a wonderful Christian, and loves the Lord. But we can learn much by studying his material, and comparing it with the Golden Ratio format, which is why I am doing this. One other shortcoming of david undergraduate thesis, Wallace's outline that I would like to note is this: each outline point just makes a statement: The Incarnation of the King, The Crucifixion of the King etc. But these kind of statements do not provide any real information or interpretation of Matthew itself. For example, VI.E. says, The Predictions of the King concerning the Judgment of the Nation and the Consummation of the Kingdom. On Eugene? But what are those predictions? Here is his sub-outline for wallace thesis that point: In short, Dr. Wallace provides no information in this outline about on courtrooms, what the foster undergraduate thesis, predictions are, or what they mean in the context of the Bible.

To be completely fair, in the argument section of the webpage, Dr. Wallace does fill out his outline with comments about the content. Here are his remarks about the short section from Matthew 24:1-26:1: The ultimate proof that the nation had been rejected by God would, of is woman essay, course, be the demise of its religious infrastructure. Thus Jesus led his disciples out of the temple—in symbolic rejection of foster wallace undergraduate, it (24:1-2)—and brought them to the Mount of Olives (24:3). There he revealed not only signs of the end of the Jewish cult (24:2, 15), but also of the consummation of the kingdom as seen in the king’s return in glory (24:26-45). Speaking as a human prophet—rather than as the on amitabh, omniscient God (24:36)—Jesus not only did not know when his own return would be. He also did not know that the david undergraduate, (initial) destruction of resume, Jerusalem would take place at least two thousand years before his return. One thing is for foster undergraduate thesis sure: Jesus saw the fulfillment of the essay, Olivet Discourse, in some sense, taking place within a few years (24:34). The Olivet Discourse then concludes with three analogies—all of which are designed to strengthen the disciples’ resolve for perseverance and preparedness. (25:1-46). The parable of the ten virgins addresses preparedness (25:1-13), the parable of the talents addresses faithfulness and perseverance (25:14-30), and david, the analogy of the sheep and goats addresses judgment and reward at the end of the age (25:31-46).

The Olivet Discourse concludes with the now familiar refrain, “When Jesus had finished saying all these things” (26:1). Thus ends the final major discourse of the rushessay essay, king. Some of his remarks I cannot agree with, such as the comment that Jesus did not know that the initial destruction of Jerusalem would take place at wallace, least two thousand years before his return. On what basis does he draw this conclusion? Jesus was Jehovah God, walking in essay on eugene, a Temple of flesh; therefore He did know that Jerusalem would be destroyed in 70 AD. In his human condition (he set aside the independent exercise of his Divine attributes for the purpose of becoming a perfect Man, so that He would be able to die for the sins of all mankind), He did not know, but as God, He certainly did know. This is all very difficult theology, so we need to be careful to foster wallace thesis, make statements that are fully consistent with the written Word of God and not go beyond it on our own authority. Rushessay Essay? I think that Dr. Wallace erred slightly with this statement.

If all that you knew about the Bible was the david foster wallace thesis, outlines provided to you by ar supervisor resume, the Golden Ratio format outlines, you would have a good starting point to analyze the text on your own, even if you had no formal training in the Bible. Foster Wallace Undergraduate Thesis? I'm not saying that formal training isn't a good thing: it is, and I believe in it; I've earned my own Bachelor's and short, Master's degrees from an excellent Bible college and Seminary. David? All I'm saying that we need more than just formal training: we need a Bible version which is accurately organized and formatted with the true Themes of each Scripture division, so that we can see, at a glance, what the Bible really teaches; and the Golden Ratio Format provides that. Most Believers are forced to rely upon what someone else tells them about the Bible, and they never really know for themselves whether it is true or not; and that is a neccesary thing in most cases, since most people don't have time to really dig into the Scriptures and learn it in a systematic way. The Golden Ratio Format provides all Believers with the a good essay, tools to see the Bible as it really is, and understand the Bible apart from their interpreter. David Foster Wallace? It gives the on eugene onegin, people of God something that they don't have now, and I believe is desperately needed. Here is the high-level outline of Matthew from the Kingdom Bible, down to the Chapter Level: The Book of Matthew: Volume, Parts, Chapters.

O Book 4.1: The Gospel of Jesus Christ explained for david foster wallace Old Covenant Jews (Matthew) C Part 1: The Son of rushessay essay, David presented himself to the Old Covenant Jews as their King and wallace thesis, Messiah. U Chapter 1.1: The Son of David fulfilled the Old Covenant prophecies of on eugene, his Virgin Birth and Lineage. C Chapter 1.2: The Son of David fulfilled the Old Covenant prophecy of a Prophet like Moses. C Chapter 1.3: The Son of David fulfilled the Old Covenant prophecies of the Messiah with miracles. O Chapter 1.4: The false teachers rejected the Gospel of the Kingdom from Jesus and his Apostles.

O Chapter 1.5: The false teachers had corrupted the Kingdom of Heaven, so the people could not receive the truth. C Part 2: The Son of David rejected the Old Covenant Kingdom of Zion in favor of the New Covenant. U Chapter 2.1: The Son of David began building the foster wallace thesis, first New Covenant Assembly with his Apostles as his first members. C Chapter 2.2: The Son of David prophesied the destruction of the Old Covenant Kingdom of Zion. C Chapter 2.3: The Son of David prophesied his return to rushessay essay, establish the New Covenant Kingdom of Zion.

O Chapter 2.4: The Son of David was betrayed and wallace undergraduate thesis, denied by his closest friends according to the Prophets. O Chapter 2.5: The Son of David was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead according to the Prophets. A careful study of the Golden Ratio outline of Matthew down to the paragraph level (shown only to the Chapter level here) shows that the purpose/theme (singular) of Matthew was to is woman essay, show that Jesus Christ came to the Jews as their Messiah, offered them the Kingdom of foster undergraduate, Heaven right then, if they would believe in Him. Frailty Thy Name? But, of course, the Jews did not do that, and david foster undergraduate thesis, so Jesus withdrew his offer of the essay, Kingdom and created the foster wallace, first Assembly of Believers using the Apostles as the core of his new congregation. From there, the Book shows him preparing his Assembly for his crucifixion and frailty, resurrection. The Golden Ratio outline of david wallace thesis, Matthew shows this clearly through the Themes of the entire Book, the Themes of each Part, Chapter, Section, and Paragraph. In short, saying that the purposes of the Book were evangelism and onegin, discipleship is giving only a teeny-tiny sip of information about what is actually in the Book of Matthew, and doesn't really tell you what Matthew is all about. In fact, this illustrates perfectly something that I have noticed recently: it is wallace undergraduate very easy to say something that is frailty thy name true, and yet not really be saying the whole truth. David? Someone said, The Bible is about Jesus! Well, that statement on one level is true: the Bible is about Jesus, but it is about far more than just Jesus: the Theme of the Bible is The Kingdom, which is why the Kingdom Bible is named the Kingdom Bible version. The Bible is not about King James or The New Century or The New King James or The New International Version etc; it is about The Kingdom: how it began in frailty thy name is woman, the Garden of Eden, how it was lost by Adam to the devil, how God replaced the Kingdom which was lost by creating the Old Covenant Kingdom of Zion using the nation of Israel, how the Jews lost their Old Covenant Kingdom and how it was temporarily replaced by the Universal Kingdom of God (not the david foster wallace, church per se) where many Assemblies of Jesus Christ around the frailty thy name, world are preaching the Gospel of Christ to bring as many souls as possible into the Kingdom of foster wallace, God before the Great Tribulation comes, the restoration of the Kingdom of Zion using the short essay on amitabh bachchan, Jews after the Great Tribulation is complete in the future Millennial Kingdom of Jesus Christ, and the ultimate restoration of the unified Kingdom of God and Kingdom of foster wallace undergraduate thesis, Zion under God the Father in the Final State (Revelation 21).

The Bible is onegin about the Kingdom: how it was lost, and how it will be ultimately restored; it is not just about Jesus, although certainly the Lord Jesus Christ is the King of Zion and the only Way to Heaven, etc. But we are talking about what the Bible as a whole is about, not about particular actors in the Bible, the most important of whom is the wallace, Lord Jesus Christ. That is the rushessay essay, Theme of the Bible. The Golden Ratio outline of the david thesis, Bible on the Division and Volume level illustrates this perfectly: The full details of how those Themes are justified are found within the sub-themes of each Volume. Now the point I'm driving at is this: the Golden Ratio Format shows us what true Bibliology is: it is the study of each Book of the Bible in detail, learning what the correct organization (format) of the ap english essay, text is, and what are the true Themes of each division of that format; then assembling a unified view of the Bible overall, based upon the Themes of each Book, which are based upon foster undergraduate thesis the Themes of each sub-division of each Book. The process is very similar to building a house: you start with a foundation, then build the floors, walls, ceiling, and roof: all based securely upon the foundation. Frailty Essay? Now if your foundation is not solid (e.g. based on sand or a peat bog, the house will be unstable, and prone to shifting, which causes the floor, walls, and ceiling to crack. And if it is bad enough, your entire house will eventually fall apart: not a good thing. So, what is foster undergraduate Theology? We have just examined in detail what Bibliology really is, but what is Theology, per se?

Literally, Theology is the study of God. In other words, (in the Bible-believing Christian context) it is the study of God and his dealings with man on a TOPICAL level versus a Bibliology level. A Good? For example, a study of God and his dealings with man using Theology would go like this: God is david wallace undergraduate a Tri-Unity of three co-equal, co-eternal, and rushessay essay, co-powerful Persons in one God (listing of wallace, Bible verses to frailty is woman essay, back this up) The only Way of david undergraduate thesis, Salvation is through individual faith in the Finished Work of Jesus Christ on the cross (list of Bible verses to rushessay essay, back this up) Hell is a real place where people who have not accepted and believed in the only Way of Salvation end up after their bodies die (list of Bible verses to david wallace thesis, back this up) How to be saved (list of Bible verses to back this up) Jesus was born of a Virgin (list of essay on eugene onegin, Bible verses to foster undergraduate, back this up), and so on. Do you see the difference between Bibliology and Theology? Bibliology is far more difficult to learn than Theology, because it involves a complete study of the Scriptures, using a correct organization of the resume, Scriptures with accurate Themes for each Scripture text division, and all organized in a way that makes sense. The Golden Ratio format is the ultimate in david, the study of Bibliology, because it provides all of essay bachchan, those things. In Bible College and in Seminary, typically the students learn the Bible through topical theological studies, and not Bibliology. This is david undergraduate a necessary shortcoming, because they are really just getting their first taste of the Bible in essays on courtrooms, a formal training environment, and david wallace, teaching something like the Golden Ratio outline in a Bible college setting would probably overwhelm most of the students, if not the thy name is woman essay, faculty.

The level of detail in the Golden Ratio outlines is completely unprecedented in the history of Biblical studies, and will challenge even professors with many doctorates. But the great thing is that, because the Golden Ratio format makes sense once you understand how the Golden Ratio works through the UCCOO scheme, it is not difficult to master if you are willing to put forth the effort. Do you think you could master Dr. Wallace's outline of Matthew? I couldn't, and don't want to!! It is irregular and david foster thesis, confusing; and, it isn't right, so you shouldn't bother trying to learn it anyway (with all due respect to Dr. Wallace). By the way, I am not attempting to exalt myself over anyone or anything: if there is anything good or meritorious about the Golden Ratio format, it is because of the Lord Jesus Christ, and ONLY because of Him.

The Lord Jesus Christ called me to this ministry, and I want to be careful to essay on eugene onegin, give Him all of the david foster wallace thesis, honor and glory. Essay On Eugene Onegin? But “he that glories, let him glory in [Jehovah]”: for not he that commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends. (2 Corinthians 10:17-18)

Essay Writing Service -
David Foster Wallace bibliography - …

Plan for Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition. Find information on Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition, a set of david packaged Virtual Machines (VMs) that implement on-premises PSTN connectivity with Phone System in Office 365 (Cloud PBX). Cloud Connector Edition might be the right solution for a good ap english essay your organization if you do not already have an existing Lync Server or Skype for Business Server deployment. Foster Thesis. If you're still investigating which Phone System in Office 365 solution is right for your business, see Plan your Phone System in essays, Office 365 (Cloud PBX) solution. This document describes Cloud Connector Edition requirements and supported topologies, and helps you plan your Cloud Connector Edition deployment. Be sure to read this topic before you configure your Cloud Connector environment.

When you are ready to deploy and configure Cloud Connector Edition, see Configure Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition. Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.1 is now available. If you have not yet upgraded to 2.0.1, see Upgrade to a new version of Cloud Connector. You can find the david undergraduate, installation file at on amitabh, https://aka.ms/CloudConnectorInstaller. Cloud Connector Edition is a hybrid offering that consists of a set of packaged Virtual Machines (VMs) that implement on-premises PSTN connectivity with Phone System in Office 365. Undergraduate Thesis. By deploying a minimal Skype for Business Server topology in a virtualized environment, users in your organization who are homed in on courtrooms, the cloud can receive PBX services from the Microsoft cloud, but PSTN connectivity is provided through the existing on-premises voice infrastructure. Because Cloud Connector enables you to integrate Phone System in david undergraduate thesis, Office 365 services with your existing telephony environment—for example, PBX, analog devices, and Call Centers—you can implement a phased migration from thy name your existing telephony solution to Phone System in Office 365. For example, assume your company has a sophisticated Call Center with specific functionality that Phone System in Office 365 does not provide.

You can choose to leave Call Center users with the existing solution, but move other users to Phone System in Office 365. Cloud Connector will provide routing between the undergraduate, users homed on resume premises and online, and you can choose to use your own PSTN provider with Phone System in Office 365. Consider the following when planning your Cloud Connector Edition deployment: To use Cloud Connector to take advantage of cloud voice solutions, you'll need to sign up for an Office 365 tenant that includes Phone System in Office 365. If you do not yet have an Office 365 tenant you can learn how to sign up here: Office 365 for Business.

Note that you'll need to david wallace undergraduate sign up for a plan that includes Skype for short on amitabh bachchan Business Online. To register Cloud Connector appliances with the Skype for Business Online service, and to run various cmdlets, Cloud Connector 2.0 and later requires a dedicated Office 365 account with the Skype for Business Tenant Administrator rights. Thesis. Cloud Connector versions previous to 2.0 require a dedicated Office 365 account with tenant Global Administrator rights. Cloud Connector does not require a full on-premises Skype for Business Server deployment. Currently, Cloud Connector cannot co-exist with Lync or Skype for Business on-premises servers. If you want to move existing Lync or Skype for Business users to Office 365 and bachchan, keep providing on-premises telephony to your users, consider Phone System in Office 365 with on-premises connectivity using an existing Skype for Business Server deployment. For more information, see Plan your Phone System in Office 365 (Cloud PBX) solution and Plan Phone System in Office 365 with on-premises PSTN connectivity in Skype for david wallace undergraduate thesis Business Server 2015 or Lync Server 2013. Your users are homed online.

You can keep your current PSTN carrier if required. If you want to provide dial-in conferencing to users hosted on Cloud Connector, you can purchase PSTN conferencing from Microsoft or from audio conferencing provider (ACP) partners. Cloud Connector 2.0 and short on amitabh, later now supports media bypass. Media bypass allows a client to send media directly to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) next hop—a gateway or Session Border Controller (SBC)—and eliminate the foster undergraduate, Cloud Connector Edition component from the on courtrooms, media path. For more information, see Plan for foster media bypass in Cloud Connector Edition. Cloud Connector is available in all countries where Office 365 Enterprise E5 is available. However, because of various regulations, Cloud Connector cannot be configured if the tenant location is set to one of the following countries: Algeria, Bangladesh, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Lebanon, Macau, Mauritius, Namibia, Paraguay, Senegal.

This topic contains the following sections: With Cloud Connector Edition, you deploy a set of packaged VMs that contain a minimal Skype for Business Server topology—consisting of an Edge component, Mediation component, and a Central Management Store (CMS) role. You will also install a domain controller, which is resume, required for the internal functioning of Cloud Connector. Foster Thesis. These services are configured for hybrid with your Office 365 tenant that includes Skype for Business Online services. Cloud Connector components provide the following functionality: Edge component – Communication between the on-premises topology and essays, the online services goes through the Edge component, which includes the david wallace undergraduate, following components:

Access Edge – Provides SIP routing between the on-premises deployment and Skype for Business Online. Media Relay – Provides routing of media between the Mediation component and other media endpoints. Media Relay Authentication / MRAS – Generates tokens for rushessay essay access to media relay. Outbound Routing – Provides load balancing of the voice traffic between gateways or SBCs connected to a Cloud Connector appliance. Calls will be split evenly between all gateways or SBCs connected to the Cloud Connector appliance. Provides routing to gateways based on policies. Only global policies which are based on destination (outbound) PSTN numbers are supported. Central Management Store (CMS) role – Includes the configuration store for the topology components, including CMS File Transfer. Central Management Store (CMS) replica – Synchronizes configuration information from the global CMS DB on the CMS role server. Domain controller – Cloud Connector Active Directory Domain Services to store all the global settings and groups necessary to deploy Cloud Connector components. One forest will be created for each Cloud Connector appliance.

The domain controller must not have any connections with the production Active Directory. Active Directory services include: Active Directory Domain Services. Active Directory Certificate Services to issue internal certificates. Mediation component – Implements SIP and Media gateway mapping protocol between Skype for Business and david wallace undergraduate, PSTN gateways. Includes a CMS replica that synchronizes configuration from the global CMS database. For purposes of this discussion, we will refer to frailty thy name PSTN sites. A PSTN site is a combination of Cloud Connector appliances, deployed at the same location, and with common PSTN gateways connected to them. PSTN sites allow you to: Provide connectivity to gateways that are closest to your users.

Allow for scalability by deploying multiple Cloud Connector appliances within one or more PSTN sites. Allow for high availability by david foster undergraduate, deploying multiple Cloud Connector appliances within a single PSTN site. This topic introduces PSTN sites. Rushessay Essay. For more information about foster thesis, planning your PSTN sites, see Plan for essays Cloud Connector Edition PSTN sites. You can deploy the david, following Cloud Connector topologies: A single Cloud Connector Edition appliance per PSTN site. This topology is recommended for evaluation purposes only because it does not provide high availability. Multiple Cloud Connector Edition appliances per PSTN site to provide high availability. Multiple PSTN sites with multiple Cloud Connector Edition appliances to provide scalability with high availability. You can deploy up to 200 sites. When planning your topology, consider the following:

With Cloud Connector 2.0 and later, one PSTN site can have up to 16 Cloud Connector appliances. Previous versions support up to 4 appliances per rushessay essay site. There are two types of david foster thesis hardware configurations tested with Cloud Connector: The larger version is resume, capable of handling large volumes of simultaneous calls and is supported in all types of production environments. The smaller version is intended to run on lower-end hardware and can be used for david thesis evaluation purposes or for sites with low call volumes. If you deploy a smaller version of Cloud Connector, you still need to be mindful of production-class hardware requirements (such as dual power supplies). If you have Cloud Connector version 2.0 or later and essay on eugene, you deploy the david wallace, maximum configuration of 16 appliances (with larger hardware), then your PSTN site can handle up to 8,000 simultaneous calls. If you deploy the smaller version, the supported limit is 800.

You also need to dedicate some appliances for High Availability. The minimal recommendation is short essay, that one appliance should be reserved for High Availability. With version 2, If you deploy a 15+1 configuration, your PSTN site can handle up to 7,500 simultaneous calls. If you have an earlier version, and deploy the maximum 3 + 1 configuration (with larger hardware), then your PSTN site can handle up to 1500 simultaneous calls. If you deploy the undergraduate thesis, smaller version, the supported limit is 150.

If you need to have more calls per a good essay PSTN site, you can scale up by deploying additional PSTN sites in david foster undergraduate, the same location. The following diagram shows a single Cloud Connector Edition appliance within a single PSTN site. Note that Cloud Connector consists of four VMs installed on one physical host machine that is within a perimeter network for security purposes. For scalability and high availability purposes, you can choose to have multiple Cloud Connector Editions within a single PSTN site as shown in the following diagram. Consider the following:

Calls are distributed in random order between Cloud Connectors in one pool. For capacity planning purposes, you must consider the ability to handle the load if one or more Cloud Connectors go offline, based on the following calculations: N+1 boxes. For the larger version of Cloud Connector, N+1 boxes support 500*N concurrent calls with 99.8% availability. For the rushessay essay, smaller version of Cloud Connector, N+1 boxes support 50*N concurrent calls with 99.8% availability. N+2 boxes. David Wallace Undergraduate Thesis. For the larger version of frailty thy name is woman essay Cloud Connector, N+2 boxes support 500*N concurrent calls with 99.9% availability. For the smaller version of Cloud Connector, N+2 boxes support 50*N concurrent calls with 99.9% availability. You can also choose to have multiple PSTN sites with one or more Cloud Connector Editions in each site.

If your PSTN site reaches the limit of foster wallace simultaneous calls, you can add another PSTN site to handle the load. Multiple PSTN sites also allow you to provide connectivity to gateways that are closest to your users. For example, assume you have PSTN gateways in Seattle and Amsterdam. You can deploy two PSTN sites—one in Seattle, one in Amsterdam—and assign users to use the ar supervisor, PSTN site that is closest to david foster them. Users from Seattle will be routed to short essay on amitabh bachchan the Seattle PSTN site and gateways, while users in Amsterdam will be routed to the Amsterdam PSTN site and gateways: Before you deploy Cloud Connector Edition, make sure you have the following for your environment: For the host machine - Cloud Connector VMs must be deployed on dedicated hardware running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter edition (English) with the Hyper-V role enabled. For version 2.0 and later, the host computer network card bound to the Skype for Business Corpnet switch must have an IP address configured in the same subnet as the Cloud Connector corporate network machines. For the virtual machines - A Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO (English) image (.iso). The ISO will be converted to VHDs for the virtual machines that will run Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition. The necessary hardware to support installation of the 4 VMs for each Cloud Connector Edition in your deployment.

The following configurations are recommended: 64-bit dual processor, six core (12 real cores), 2.50 gigahertz (GHz) or higher. 64 gigabytes (GB) ECC RAM. Four 600 GB (or better) 10K RPM 128M Cache SAS 6Gbps disks, configured in a RAID 5 configuration. Three 1 Gbps RJ45 high throughput network adapters. If you choose to david undergraduate thesis deploy the smaller version of Cloud Connector Edition that supports up to 50 simultaneous calls, you will need the following hardware: Intel i7 4790 quad core with Intel 4600 Graphics (no high end graphics needed) 32 GB DDR3-1600 non ECC. 2: 1TB 7200RPM SATA III (6 Gbps) in RAID 0. 2: 1 Gbps Ethernet (RJ45)

If a proxy server is required on the host machine for browsing the Internet, then you must make the following configuration changes: To bypass the proxy, specify WinHTTP Proxy settings set with your proxy server and a Bypass-list including the essay, 192.168.213.*” network used by wallace thesis, your Cloud Connector Managements services and Skype for Business Corpnet subnet as defined in writing essay, your CloudConnector.ini file. Otherwise, management connectivity will fail and prevent the deployment and auto recovery of undergraduate thesis Cloud Connector. The following is a sample winhttp configuration command: netsh winhttp set proxy 10.10.10.175:8080 bypass-list=*.local;1.*;172.20.*;192.168.218.*'local. Specify proxy settings per machine rather than per user. Otherwise Cloud Connector downloads will fail. Ar Supervisor. You can specify proxy settings per machine with a registry change or with the Group Policy setting as follows:

Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings] ProxySettingsPerUser dword:00000000. Group Policy: ComputerAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components Internet Explorer: Make Proxy settings per machine (rather than per user) Qualified PBX/Trunk or qualified SBC/Gateway (a minimum of two gateways is david foster wallace, recommended). A local server administrator account with permissions to rushessay essay install and configure Hyper-V on the host servers. David. The account must have administrator permissions on the local server where Hyper-V is short on amitabh bachchan, installed and configured. During the deployment, you will be asked to foster undergraduate create a domain administrator account with permissions to create and ar supervisor, publish the topology in the Cloud Connector domain. The external DNS records, which are defined in the CloudConnector.ini file included with the installation package: External DNS record for Access Edge service of Edge component; for example, ap.Domain Name. You need one record per PSTN site. This record must contain IP addresses of all Edges for that site.

An Office 365 tenant with all required DNS and SRV records created. You cannot use sip.Domain Name as the name of undergraduate your Cloud Connector Edge Access proxy interface because this DNS record is used by Office 365. A certificate for the external Edge obtained from a public Certificate Authority (CA). Firewall rules to allow traffic through the required ports has been completed. An Internet connection for short essay bachchan the host machine and the VMs. Cloud Connector downloads some software from the Internet; therefore, you must provide gateway and DNS server information so that the david foster wallace thesis, Cloud Connector host machine and VMs can connect to the Internet and download the necessary software. A tenant remote PowerShell module installed on rushessay essay the host machine. The Office 365 Skype for Business administrator credentials to run remote PowerShell. Before you begin your deployment, you need to determine the size of your deployment, the SIP domains that are being serviced, and the configuration information for each PSTN site you plan to deploy. To begin, you will:

Identify all the SIP domains that will be served by this deployment based on the SIP URIs in use in your company. Determine the david foster wallace, number of PSTN sites that you need to deploy. Ensure you have the frailty essay, hardware necessary to foster wallace undergraduate thesis support the four VMs you'll be installing for each Cloud Connector Edition. For each PSTN site you plan to deploy, you need to: Create names for all the components in each Cloud Connector appliance (see Determine deployment parameters). Create external DNS records for the Edge component (see Requirements for deployment). Determine your certificate requirements for rushessay essay Edge component (see Certificate requirements). When defining media port ranges, be aware of the following: Clients always use port range 50000 to 50019 for media traffic—this range is predefined in Skype for Business Online and cannot be changed.

The Mediation component, by default, will use port range 49 152 to 57 500 for david media traffic. However, connection is ar supervisor resume, established via internal firewall, and, for david foster security reasons, you can limit this port range in your topology. Rushessay Essay. You will need up to 4 ports per call. Wallace. If you want to limit the number of essays on courtrooms ports between the undergraduate thesis, Mediation component and ar supervisor resume, the PSTN gateway, then you will also need to configure the corresponding port range on the gateway. You must deploy Cloud Connector in a perimeter network. David Foster Thesis. This means you will have two firewalls: The first firewall is external between the internet and frailty thy name, your perimeter network. The second firewall is foster undergraduate thesis, internal between the perimeter network and your internal network. Your clients can be in writing, the internet or in the internal network: Clients in the internet will connect to david foster wallace your PSTN via the external firewall through the writing ap english essay, Edge component. Clients in the internal network will connect via the internal firewall to the Mediation component in the perimeter network, which will connect traffic to the SBC or PSTN gateway.

This means you need to open ports in thesis, both firewalls. The following tables describe the ports and essays on courtrooms, port ranges for the external and internal firewalls. This table shows the ports and foster wallace thesis, port ranges for enabling communication between clients in the internal network and the Mediation component: Cloud Connector Mediation component. Cloud Connector Mediation component.

TCP 5068/ TLS 5067. Cloud Connector Mediation component. UDP 49 152 – 57 500. Cloud Connector Mediation component. UDP 49 152 – 57 500. Cloud Connector Mediation component.

TCP 49 152 – 57 500* Cloud Connector Mediation component. UDP 49 152 – 57 500* Cloud Connector Mediation component. TCP 49 152 – 57 500* Cloud Connector Mediation component. UDP 49 152 -57 500* * This is the frailty, default port range on the Mediation component. For optimal call flow, four ports per call are required.

** This port must be configured on the SBC/PSTN gateway; 5060 is an example. You can configure other ports on your SBC/PSTN gateway. *** Note that you can also limit the wallace undergraduate, port range on your SBC/Gateway if allowed by frailty thy name, the SBC/Gateway manufacturer. For security purposes, you can limit the port range for the Mediation component by using the Set-CsMediationServer cmdlet. For example, the following command limits the david foster undergraduate thesis, number of ports that the Mediation component will use for media traffic to 50 000 – 51 000 for audio (in and out). The Mediation component will be able to handle 250 simultaneous calls with this configuration. Note that you also might want to short essay bachchan limit this range on foster wallace undergraduate thesis the SBC/PSTN gateway: To retrieve the name of the Mediation component and see default ports, you can use the ap english, Get-CsService cmdlet as follows: The following table shows ports and port ranges for enabling communication between the Cloud Connector Edge component to the external firewall. This table shows a minimum recommendation.

In this case, all media traffic to the internet will flow via the Online Edge as follows: User end point--Online Edge--Cloud Connector Edge: External firewall - minimum configuration. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface.

Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. The next table shows ports and port ranges for foster wallace enabling communication between the Cloud Connector Edge component to the external firewall. This table shows the recommended solution. In this case all media traffic for essays the end point in david wallace undergraduate thesis, the internet can flow directly to the Cloud Connector Edge component.

The media path will be User End Point - Cloud Connector Edge. External firewall - recommended configuration. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface.

Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. UDP 3478; UDP 50,000-59,999. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. TCP 443; TCP 50,000-59,999. Cloud Connector Edge External Interface. UDP 3478; UDP 50,000 - 59,999. The host machine must be able to reach external resources to successfully install, update, and essays, manage Cloud Connector. The following table shows the david undergraduate thesis, destinations and ports required between the frailty is woman essay, host machine and external resources. Cloud Connector host IPs. Cloud Connector host IPs.

Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Cloud Connectorr host IPs. Cloud Connector update. Skype for Business Online. If more restrictive rules are required, refer to following whitelisting URLs: Skype for Business Online Admin PowerShell: *.online.lync.com. If you need a proxy exclusion for undergraduate this destination, you will need to add it to the WinHTTP bypass list. The Edge component needs to resolve the external names of Office 365 services and on eugene, the internal names of other Cloud Connector components. Each Edge component is foster wallace, a multi-homed computer with external and short essay, internal facing interfaces. Cloud Connector deploys DNS servers on the Domain Controller component within the perimeter network.

You can point Edge Server to the DNS Server within the undergraduate, perimeter for all name resolutions, but you need to frailty thy name is woman enable the Cloud Connector DNS Server to wallace undergraduate thesis resolve external names by setting a DNS zone containing one or more DNS A records for external queries that refer name lookups to other public DNS servers. In the .ini file, if you set the FQDN name for gateways from the thy name is woman, same domain space as your SIP domain, the foster undergraduate, authoritative zone for this SIP domain will be created in the DNS Server within the rushessay essay, perimeter. If Edge Server is pointed to this DNS Server to resolve names, Edge will never resolve the david wallace undergraduate, _sipfederationtls.yourdomain DNS record, which is required for essay call flow. In this case, Microsoft recommends that you provide a DNS Server on the Edge external interface to resolve Internet name lookups, and each Edge component must use a HOST file to david undergraduate resolve other Cloud Connector component names to IP addresses. First you need to define the following common deployment parameters: SIP URI’s in use by company users.

Provide all SIP domains that will be served by this deployment. You can have more than one SIP domain. Number of essays PSTN sites. The number of david PSTN sites you will be deploying. For each PSTN site you plan to deploy, you will need to ar supervisor resume gather the following information before you begin the deployment.

You will need to provide this information when you update the CloudConnector.ini file. When configuring gateway information, remember the following: If you only have one gateway, remove the wallace undergraduate, section in the .ini file for the second gateway. If there are more than two gateways, follow the existing format to add new ones. Make sure the rushessay essay, IP address and the port of the gateway(s) are correct.

To support PSTN gateway-level HA, keep the secondary gateway or add additional gateways. (Optional) To restrict the outbound call numbers, update the LocalRoute value. Virtual machine domain name. Domain name for david foster the internal components of Cloud Connector. This domain must be different from the production domain. The name must be the same across all Cloud Connector appliances.

Name in frailty, .ini file: “VirtualMachineDomain” .local domain is preferred. Cloud Connector domain controller name. Name of the domain controller. Name in .ini file: “ServerName” Must be 15 characters or less. Enter Netbios name only. Cloud Connector domain controller IP/subnet mask. IP address of the domain controller. Name in .ini file: “IP” O365 Online service FQDNs. Must be the default in foster undergraduate, most cases for the world-wide O365 instance.

Name in .ini file: “OnlineSipFederationFqdn” Skype for Business site name; for example, Seattle. Name in .ini file: “SiteName” For Release 1.4.1 and later, site name must be different for each site and ar supervisor resume, the name must match the david foster, PSTN site, if it exists, defined in Office 365. Note that PSTN sites will automatically be created when registering the first appliance in frailty thy name is woman essay, a site. Release 1.4.1 and later. Type of david wallace undergraduate thesis hardware. The default value is essays, Normal. Foster. You can also set to Minimum. Country Code for Dialing.

Name in frailty is woman, .ini file: “CountryCode” Name in .ini file: “City” Name in .ini file: “State” Base VM IP address. The IP address of the temporary base VM that will be used to create the VHDX for all Cloud Connector virtual machines.

This IP must be in the same perimeter corporate network subnet defined in wallace undergraduate thesis, the next step and resume, requires Internet access. Be sure to define the corporate default gateway and david wallace, the DNS that is routable to the internet. Name in rushessay essay, .ini file: “BaseVMIP” Release 1.4.1 and later. The address of the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)—an intranet server to host updates from Microsoft Update. You can leave blank if WSUS is david foster wallace undergraduate thesis, not needed. Subnet mask for internal network. Cloud Connector configures an IP network for internal communication between Cloud Connector components.

Edge also must be connected to another subnet which allows Internet connectivity. Name in .ini file: “CorpnetIPPrefixLength” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network” Subnet mask for external network. For the short bachchan, external network of the Edge component. Name in .ini file: “InternetIPPrefix” under “Parameters for david wallace undergraduate thesis a pool of VM network” Switch name for on eugene onegin internal network.

Name for switch that will be used for the internal Cloud Connector network. In most cases the default suggested value can be used. Name in .ini file: “CorpnetSwitchName” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. Switch name for external network. Name for switch that will be used for the external Cloud Connector network.

In most cases the default suggested value can be used. Name in .ini file: “InternetSwitchName” under “Parameters for undergraduate a pool of VM network. Default Gateway for internal network. This gateway must provide access to the Internet (Internet also requires setting the DNS server) and will be configured on internal interfaces of Cloud Connector components. Name in .ini file: “CorpnetDefaultGateway” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. Default Gateway for external interface of rushessay essay Edge component.

Will be configured on external interface of Edge component. Name in .ini file: “InternetDefaultGateway” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. DNS server for david wallace thesis internal network. Will be configured on internal interface of on courtrooms temporary VM. David Undergraduate Thesis. Must provide name resolution for Internet names. Without providing a DNS server, Internet connection will fail and deployment will not finish. Name in .ini file: “CorpnetDNSIPAddress” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. DNS Server for external interface of Edge component.

Will be configured on bachchan external interface of Edge. Name in .ini file: “InternetDNSIPAddress” under “Parameters for david foster wallace undergraduate thesis a pool of VM network. Management switch name. Management switch is short essay on amitabh, a temporary switch that will be created automatically, and that will be used for configuration of Cloud Connector during the deployment. It will be disconnected automatically after the deployment. It must be a different subnet from any other networks used in Cloud Connector. In most cases the default suggested value can be used. Name in .ini file: “ManagementSwitchName” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. Management subnet address/subnet mask. Management subnet is a temporary subnet that will be created automatically, and that will be used for configuration of Cloud Connector during the deployment. It will be removed automatically after the deployment.

It must be a different subnet from any other networks used in Cloud Connector. Names in .ini file: “ManagementIPPrefix” and “ManagementIPPrefixLength” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network. Central Management Store (CMS) Machine. Single FQDN used for Central Management Store (CMS). David Foster Undergraduate Thesis. The AD Domain name will be used to generate the FQDN. Name in .ini file: “ServerName” under “Parameters for ar supervisor Primary Central Management Service. Must be 15 characters or less. David Foster Thesis. Enter Netbios name only.

(CMS Pool Name = Server Name) CMS Machine IP address. IP address for CMS Server (internal in perimeter network). Name in INI file: “IP” under “Parameters for Primary Central Management Service. File Share Name. File Share Name to be created on CMS server for Skype for Business replication data (for example, CmsFileStore). In most cases the default suggested value can be used. Name in .ini file: “CmsFileStore” under “Parameters for Primary Central Management Service.

Mediation component Pool Name. Pool Name of Mediation component. Enter Netbios name only. The AD Domain name will be used to rushessay essay generate the FQDN. Name in .ini file: “PoolName” under “Parameters for wallace thesis a pool of Mediation Servers” Must be 15 characters or less. A Good Essay. Enter Netbios name only. Mediation component name. Component Name of Mediation component 1. Enter Netbios name only. The AD Domain name will be used to generate the david foster undergraduate, FQDN. Name in ar supervisor resume, .ini file: “ServerName” under “Parameters for a pool of Mediation Servers”

Must be 15 characters or less. Enter Netbios name only. Mediation component Machine IP address. Internal Corpnet IP for Mediation component (internal in david foster undergraduate thesis, perimeter network). Name in .ini file: “IP” under “Parameters for a pool of Mediation Servers” Edge pool internal name. Pool Name of Edge component. Enter Netbios name only. The AD Domain name will be used to is woman generate the FQDN. Name in .ini file: “InternalPoolName” under “Parameters for a pool of david wallace Edge Servers”

Must be 15 characters or less. A Good Ap English Essay. Enter Netbios name only. Edge Server internal name. Component Name of Edge component. Enter Netbios name only. The AD Domain name will be used to generate the wallace undergraduate, FQDN. Name in .ini file: “InternalServerName” under “Parameters for essay onegin a pool of Edge Servers” Must be 15 characters or less. Enter Netbios name only. Edge server internal IP.

Internal perimeter network IP of Edge component to communicate with other components of Cloud Connector. Name in .ini file: “InternalServerIPs” under “Parameters for a pool of Edge Servers” Access Pool External Name. Name of Access Edge; for example, AP. This name must match the name provided for the SSL certificate.

Enter Netbios name only. The SIP Domain name will be used to generate the FQDN. One external pool name will be used for all Edge components in the pool. David Foster Wallace Thesis. One Edge Access pool is frailty is woman, required per PSTN site. Name in .ini file: “ExternalSIPPoolName” under “Parameters for a pool of Edge Servers” Must be 15 characters or less. Enter Netbios name only. “sip” is reserved and therefore cannot be used as the name. The generated FQDN name must match the name provided for foster wallace thesis the SSL certificate. External IP of Access Edge. External IP of Edge component – either Public IP if no NAT is available, or translated IP (please specify both addresses if mapped).

Name in .ini file: “ExternalSIPIPs” under “Parameters for a pool of Edge Servers” Media Relay name. Name of Audio Video Media Relay Edge; for example, MR. On Courtrooms. One external pool name will be used for all Edge components in a pool. One Edge Media Relay pool is required per PSTN site. Name in .ini file: “ExternalMRFQDNPoolName” under “Parameters for a pool of wallace undergraduate Edge Servers” Must be 15 characters or less.

Enter Netbios name only. External IP of Media Relay Edge. Currently only one IP is supported, so this will be the short, same IP as Access Edge, either public or mapped IP (please specify both addresses if mapped). Can be the same address as Edge component External IP of wallace thesis Access Edge. Note if Edge is behind NAT, you also need to specify the ar supervisor, value for the next parameter. Name in .ini file: “ExternalMRIPs” under “Parameters for a pool of Edge Servers” External IP of thesis Media Relay Edge (if Edge is behind NAT) If your Edge is behind NAT you also need to specify the public address of the NAT device. Name in rushessay essay, .ini file: “ExternalMRPublicIPs” under “Parameters for a pool of david wallace thesis Edge Servers”

Voice Gateway 1 Make and essay, Model. Specify the make and model of the SBC/Voice gateway. David Foster Wallace Thesis. Note that you can connect a device or SIP trunk from the list of tested devices at https://technet.Microsoft.com/UCOIP. Voice Gateway 2 Make and essay on amitabh bachchan, Model (copy this row if you have more than 2 gateways) Specify the foster wallace undergraduate, make and model of Voice gateway.

Note that you can connect a device from the ar supervisor, list of tested devices at https://technet.Microsoft.com/UCOIP. Voice Gateway 1 Name. Used to foster wallace undergraduate generate the machine FQDN with AD Domain. Required if TLS will be used between the Mediation component and essay, Voice Gateway. If you do not plan to use FQDN—for example, TLS is wallace, not required or Voice Gateway doesn’t support connection using FQDN (only IP)—please specify. Voice Gateway 2 Name (copy this row if you have more than 2 gateways) Used to on courtrooms generate the machine FQDN with AD Domain.

Required if TLS will be used between Mediation component and Voice Gateway. Wallace. If you do not plan to essay use FQDN—for example, TLS is not required or Voice Gateway doesn’t support connection using FQDN (only IP)—please specify. Voice Gateway 1 IP Address. IP Address of Voice Gateway. Voice Gateway 2 IP Address (copy this row if you have more than 2 gateways) IP Address of Voice Gateway. Voice Gateway 1 Port # (copy this row if you have more than 2 gateways) Port that the Voice Gateway SIP trunk will listen on, e.g. 5060. Voice Gateway 2 Port # Port that the foster thesis, Voice Gateway SIP trunk will listen on, e.g. 5060.

Voice Gateway 1 Protocol for SIP Traffic. Voice Gateway 2 Protocol for SIP Traffic (copy this row if you have more than 2 gateways) External Media port range for traffic to and from Edge component. TCP/UDP port range for rushessay essay media traffic to and from external interface of edge. David Foster Wallace Thesis. Must always start from resume 50 000. Refer to “Ports and david wallace, Protocols” for more information. Media port range to communicate to/from the rushessay essay, Mediation component via the internal firewall. UDP port range that the Mediation component will use to foster thesis communicate to clients and gateways (recommendation 4 ports per call).

Media port range to communicate to/from Skype for Business client via internal firewall. For planning purposes, cannot be changed. Ports need to be opened in the internal firewall to communicate between Skype for is woman essay Business clients within the internal network and with the david foster wallace undergraduate thesis, Mediation component. Public Certificate password. Must be provided in the script. Safe Mode Administrator Password. Version 1.4.2 only. Safe mode administrator password for internal CC domain. Cloud Connector Domain Administrator password. Version 1.4.2 only.

Password for frailty essay Cloud Connector Domain Administrator (different from david foster thesis your production domain). User name is essay on eugene onegin, Administrator. You cannot change the user name. Virtual Machines Administrator Password. Version 1.4.2 only. Used to configure management network during the deployment. User name is Administrator. You cannot change the user name. Version 2.0 and foster wallace thesis, later. Used for saving the is woman, Certification Authority Service from the wallace thesis, Active Directory server to a file when deploying multiple appliances in a Cloud Connector site. A Good Essay. Be sure to use the same password for all appliances within one Cloud Connector site in foster thesis, order to import the on courtrooms, CA backup file to new added appliance successfully.

Version 2.0 and later. Used for the Cloud Connector Management service; needs access to the Cloud Connector site directory. Be sure to use the foster wallace thesis, same password for rushessay essay all appliances within one Cloud Connector site. Office 365 Tenant Admin. The account is used by Cloud Connector to update and undergraduate, manage tenant settings for writing essay Cloud Connector: Version 2.0 and david thesis, later: Credentials for a dedicated Office 365 account with Skype for Business Administrator rights. Versions previous to 2.0: Credentials for a dedicated Office 365 account with Global Tenant Administrator rights. Enable REFER support. This will define whether SIP REFER support is enabled or disabled on is woman the Trunk Configuration to foster wallace undergraduate thesis your IP/PBX.

The default value is True. A Good Ap English Essay. If your IP/PBX Gateway supports REFER support, please leave this as True. If it does not, this value needs to david foster wallace be changed to False. If you are not sure if your gateway supports REFER, please see Qualified IP-PBXs and ap english essay, Gateways. Version 2.0 and david undergraduate thesis, later. With the default value “True”, if outbound calls are not answered by the gateway within 10 seconds they will be routed to the next available gateway; if there are no additional trunks then the call will be dropped automatically. However, in an organization with slow networks and gateway responses, or when the resume, process of establishing calls takes more than 10 seconds, this could potentially result in calls being dropped unnecessarily. When placing calls to some countries, for example the UAE or Afghanistan, call establishing process can take more than 10 seconds. You will need to david foster wallace thesis change the value to False if you encounter similar issues. Do not forget to change the writing a good ap english essay, corresponding setting on the connected SBC or Gateway. The value can be True or False.

The default value is thesis, True. Version 2.0 and later. This parameter is essay, used to turn on SIP headers that are used to report the initial caller in Simultaneous Ringing, Call Forwarding, and Call Transfer scenarios. Setting the parameter to True will turn on two SIP headers: The History-Info header is used for re-targeting SIP requests and “provide(s) a standard mechanism for capturing the request history information to enable a wide variety of foster services for networks and writing, end-users” (RFC 4244 - Section 1.1). For the Cloud Connector trunk interfaces, this is used in Simulring and Call Forwarding scenarios. The value can be True or False. The default value is False. Version 2.0 and david foster wallace undergraduate thesis, later. PAI is a private extension to SIP that enables SIP servers to assert the is woman essay, identity of authenticated users.

For the SIP trunk provider, PAI may be used for david wallace bill-to purposes in the event that History-Info and rushessay essay, Referred-By headers are not present. When Forward P-Asserted-Identity is enabled in the configuration, the Mediation Server will forward PAI headers with SIP Tel URI’s from david foster wallace Cloud Connector onto the SIP Trunk. Rushessay Essay. The Mediation Server will forward PAI headers with tel URI’s E.164 numbers ONLY received on wallace thesis the SIP trunk to Cloud Connector. The Mediation Server will also forward any Privacy headers received in writing essay, either direction. If the SIP Request sent by the Mediation Server includes a Privacy header of the form - “Privacy: id” in conjunction with the PAI header, then the asserted identity should be kept private outside of the david wallace undergraduate thesis, network trust domain. The value can be True or False. The default value is resume, False.

Each Edge component requires a certificate from a public certification authority. Certificates must have an exportable private key to david foster wallace copy between Edge components. To meet the frailty thy name is woman essay, certificate requirements, you will need to decide between the following options and provide the Subject Name (SN) and Subject Alternative Name (SAN) for the certificate. If you have a single SIP domain: Option 1. Wallace. The Subject Name must contain the pool name that you assigned to the Edge components. Note that the Subject Name cannot be sip.sipdomain.com because this name is reserved for the online Skype for Business Edge component. The SAN must contain sip.sipdomain.com and the access Edge pool name: Option 2. Frailty Is Woman Essay. If you would like to use a single Wildcard certificate on wallace all Edge pool servers you deploy, then you may use a wildcard SAN entry of *.sipdomain.com instead of the Edge pool name in the certificate. The subject name can be the access Edge pool name of any of the Edge pools that you have deployed: If you have multiple SIP domains: You will need to add sip.sipdomain.com for every SIP domain and the name of the access Edge pools per domain ( it can be one physical pool but with different names).

Below is an example of SN and rushessay essay, SAN entries in a multiple sip domain scenario: Option 1. The Subject Name must contain the pool name that you assigned for Edge components. David Thesis. Note that the Subject Name cannot be sip.sipdomain.com because this name is reserved for the online Skype for is woman Business Edge component. The SAN must contain sip.sipdomain.com and the access Edge pool name: Option 2. If you would like to use a single Wildcard certificate on all Edge pool servers you deploy, then you may use a wildcard SAN entry of david thesis *.sipdomain.com instead of the Edge pool name in the certificate. Essay. The subject name can be the access Edge pool name of david foster thesis any of the writing essay, Edge pools that you have deployed: For purposes of deployment, you can use the following table: Which option will you use for your deployment? Provide the SN for your certificate. Provides the SAN for your certificate.

If you are using TLS between the wallace, gateway and the Mediation Server, you will need to obtain the Root Certificate, or full Certificate chain, for rushessay essay the certificate assigned to the gateway. Cloud Connector requires the use of an online dial plan. For more information on how to configure an online dial plan, see What are PSTN Calling dial plans? When you deploy Cloud Connector Edition for high availability, you deploy at least two appliances that act as a backup for each other. Each appliance consists of four components: Edge, Mediation, Central Management Store (CMS), and david undergraduate thesis, domain controller. In general, if one component within an appliance goes down, Cloud Connector Edition can continue to handle calls, but you must consider the following: Mediation, CMS, and domain controller component considerations. Assume the CMS or domain controller component in one appliance goes down. The appliance can still handle inbound and outbound calls—but if you restart a Mediation component when the domain controller or CMS component is not reachable, mediation will not work. The same applies to restarting the CMS component when the rushessay essay, domain controller is down. Recommendation: Before restarting components, check the availability of the foster wallace, other components in the appliance.

Edge component considerations. If the resume, Edge component in one appliance in not available, behavior for inbound and outbound calls will differ as follows: Outbound call —a call from your user in the Internet to a PSTN network. The call distribution mechanism in the cloud will identify that one Edge component is down, and david undergraduate thesis, will route all calls to another appliance—so the on courtrooms, outbound call is successful. Inbound call —a call from the PSTN network to david thesis a user who is either in a local network or in the Internet. If the on courtrooms, Edge component of the appliance that received the foster wallace undergraduate, call is not working, the thy name essay, inbound calls to david wallace thesis this appliance will not be successful because the Mediation component cannot redirect the call to the Edge component in the other appliance. Recommendation: Have a monitoring system in place. After you identify a malfunction of the Edge component, shut down all components in rushessay essay, the appliance where the Edge component is not available. The following diagrams outline the flow of an david wallace undergraduate thesis outbound and inbound call through Cloud Connector Edition. This is useful information for understanding how connectivity is established. In the on courtrooms, first diagram, an internal user places an outbound call as follows:

Dave, a user homed online, but now in the internal network, places a call to an external PSTN user. SIP traffic routes to Skype for Business Online. Skype for david undergraduate Business Online performs a Reverse Number Lookup of the number. The Reverse Number Lookup fails because this number does not belong to essays on courtrooms anyone in david thesis, the Skype for Business organization. The call is routed to the Edge component (SIP and Media flow via Online Edge first; Media will go to the Mediation component via the thy name is woman, internal firewall). If the route exists, the Edge component relays the traffic to foster wallace undergraduate thesis the Mediation component in the perimeter network.

The Mediation component sends the traffic to the PSTN gateway. In the next diagram, an internal user receives an essays inbound call as follows: The PSTN gateway receives a call for david wallace undergraduate user Dave who is homed online, but now is in a good ap english essay, the internal network. SIP traffic is routed to the Mediation component. The Mediation component sends SIP traffic to the Edge component, and then it goes to Skype for david wallace undergraduate thesis Business Online. Skype for Business Online performs a Reverse Number Lookup of the essay on eugene, number and wallace, finds that this is user Dave. SIP signaling goes to all Dave's points of presence. Media traffic will be established between the gateway and Mediation component and on eugene onegin, between the Mediation component and the end point. The monitoring and troubleshooting mechanism is installed automatically with every Cloud Connector appliance.

The mechanism detects the following events: One or more virtual machines of a Cloud Connector appliance are not connected to an internal or internet virtual switch. One or more virtual machines of a Cloud Connector appliance are in saved or stopped status. The following services are not running. If one of the thesis, following events is detected, the entire Cloud Connector appliance is drained and marked as offline to prevent the attempt to establish calls to frailty is woman a malfunctioning appliance.

Cloud Connector automatic recovery features will subsequently restore services and mark the appliance as online. Foster Wallace Undergraduate. If automatic recovery fails for some reason, see Troubleshoot your Cloud Connector deployment. On the Central Management Store virtual machine: Skype for Business Master Replicator Agent. Skype for Business Replica Replicator Agent. On the essays, Mediation Server virtual machine: Skype for Business Replica Replicator Agent. Skype for Business Server Mediation.

On the Edge Server Virtual Machine. Skype for Business Replica Replicator Agent. Skype for Business Server Access Edge. Skype for Business Server Audio/Video Edge. Skype for Business Server Audio/Video Authentication. Skype for Business Server Web Conferencing Edge. Inbound rule of Windows firewall for CS RTCSRV on Edge, CS RTCMEDSRV on the Mediation Server is disabled. Cloud Connector Edition release 1.4.2 includes bug fixes and enhancements, including new cmdlet functionality for david foster undergraduate managing Cloud Connector.

This release will automatically update all Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1 appliances that you have enabled for on courtrooms automatic update. Following are the enhancements and updates included with Cloud Connector 1.4.2: Architecture changes to improve the deployment and management experience: Introduction of david foster wallace undergraduate thesis pinpoint zones for the PSTN Gateway on essays on courtrooms the DNS Host A record on the Cloud Connector Active Directory DNS Server. Edge is now part of the internal Cloud Connector virtual machine domain. Improved certificate management, including support for multi-tier certificates. The external certificate can be issued from a third party certification authority whose root CA certificate and/or intermediate CA certificate are not trusted by Microsoft. With the david wallace undergraduate thesis, Set-CsExternalCertificateFilePath cmdlet, you can now provide a path for a PSTN Gateway/SBC certificate. This allows automatic import of this certificate to the Mediation Server during installation.

It’s now required that you specify the -Target parameter when setting the path for the external Edge certificate. If TLS is configured between the Mediation Server and the gateway, then you must run this cmdlet a second time to specify the path to the PSTN Gateway certificate and the target MediationServer. Essay On Eugene Onegin. For more information, see Set-CcExternalCertificateFilePath. The Set-CsExternalCertificateFilePath cmdlet may also be used to foster wallace undergraduate import new certificates. In the case of the Edge certificate, the cmdlet will handle both importing and essay on eugene onegin, assigning the Edge certificate to the External Edge services. Foster Thesis. Note: This action will place the appliance in maintenance mode. For more information, see Set-CcExternalCertificateFilePath. In addition to changes to the Set-CcExternalFilePath cmdlet, several new cmdlets are provided in release 1.4.2: The Backup-CcCertificationAuthority cmdlet backs up the certification authority service to a file and saves to the CA folder under the site share directory. The Export-CcRootCertificate cmdlet exports the essay on amitabh bachchan, Cloud Connector root certificate so that it can be imported to a PSTN Gateway/SBC.

The Renew-CcCACertificate cmdlet renews the Cloud Connector Root CA Certificate. The Renew-CcServerCertificate cmdlet renews Cloud Connector server internally issued certificates. The Remove- CcCertificationAuthorityFile cmdlet removes the certification authority service backup file in CA folder under site share directory. The Remove-CcLegacyServerCertificate cmdlet removes old certificates that have been replaced, including Root and Intermediate certificates. The Reset-CcCACertificate cmdlet resets the Cloud Connector Root CA Certificate which will remove the old certificate and replace with a new certificate. Several bug fixes, including the following:

Resolved the issue where a PSTN call from a Skype for Business mobile client shows the wrong caller number in Cloud Connector. Resolved the david foster undergraduate, issue where a failure occurred during installation if the Domain Admin and Virtual Machine Admin credentials were different when confirming services running on Mediation Server and Edge Server. Resolved the failure to essays on courtrooms input special characters, like the ampersand (), often used in passwords. Cloud Connector Edition 2.0 and later includes the following new features and updates: Media bypass. Allows a client to david thesis send media directly to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) next hop—a gateway or Session Border Controller (SBC)—and eliminate the Cloud Connector Edition component from the writing ap english essay, media path. Wallace. Media bypass can improve voice quality, and writing a good ap english essay, might also reduce the amount of hardware an infrastructure requires. For more information, see Plan for media bypass. Support for david undergraduate increased number of Cloud Connecter appliances. Cloud Connector Edition now supports up to 16 Cloud Connector appliances within a single PSTN site. Essay. For more information, see Cloud Connector Edition topologies.

Ability to david foster thesis manipulate SIP headers. Useful for essays billing or interoperability purposes. Access requirements for management tasks. Based on customer feedback, any account with a Skype for Business administrator role can perform Cloud Connector management tasks. This allows larger organizations with several administrators to david wallace thesis easily administer the system while keeping strict rules on access rights. Previously, a Global Administrator account was required. Increased ability to identify Cloud Connector calls in resume, Call Quality Dashboard.

A hybrid voice flag in the Mediation Service User Agent enables easier identification of thesis Cloud Connector calls in Call Quality Dashboard. SSL 3.0 disabled by default. SSL 3.0 is disabled by default for all services used by Cloud Connector Edition per the following security advisory: Microsoft Security Advisory 3009008. Monitoring and troubleshooting improvements . On Eugene. Cloud Connector now monitors and reports on several additional events. For more information, see Monitoring and david foster undergraduate thesis, troubleshooting. In Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.1, the following fixes were made: Restarting Virtual Machines sometimes caused the service to stop if the restart order determined by frailty, Hyper-V was incorrect. This has been fixed.

Requests for download security checks in david undergraduate, remote PowerShell sometimes caused requests to the New-CsOnlineSession cmdlet to is woman essay fail. This issue has been fixed. During automatic updates, switching to a new version sometimes caused the running version to fail. This issue has been fixed.

Essay Writing Service -
Fate, Time, and Language: An Essay …

Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Adding entries to david an existing spreadsheet. set xl = wscript.createobject(excel.application) set wrd = wscript.createobject(word.application) wrd.Selection.TypeText vbcrlf strUser - strUsrNm Created: Date Time. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. set appexcel = wscript.createobject(excel.application) appexcel.cells(r, 1).value = strUser. appexcel.cells(p, 2).value = strUsrNm. appexcel.cells(q, 3).value = strgrps. appexcel.cells(s, 4).value = strvgd. appexcel.cells(t, 5).value = strnm2. Which all seems to work fine and populates the next 5 free cells in the row below the last line of text. However when the spreadsheet tries to save I get the following error: RE: Adding entries to is woman essay an existing spreadsheet. Dim appexcel, wb. Set appexcel = WScript.CreateObject(Excel.Application) Set wb=appexcel.Workbooks.Open c:newuser.xls Do Until Len(wb.Cells(r, 1).Value) = 0. wb.Cells(r, 1).Value = strUser. wb.Cells(r, 2).Value = strUsrNm. wb.Cells(r, 3).Value = strgrps. wb.Cells(r, 4).Value = strvgd. wb.Cells(r, 5).Value = strnm2. Set wb = Nothing.

Set appexcel = Nothing. Hope This Help, PH. Want to get great answers to david undergraduate your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. ' of writing a good essay, your program. For Each idxCell in RowArray. idxCol = idxCol + 1. idxRow = idxRow + 1 'Bump the row down one. I have used this logic for years and it is really easy to foster wallace undergraduate thesis cut and ap english, paste. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet.

RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. I don't know where you're pulling your data from, so this example accepts user input. It's also written as a WSF to avoid declaring ADO constants manually, use resource elements to david foster undergraduate avoid long clunky string values inline, etc. exists, Sheet1 exists in it, and at ar supervisor, least. the david foster wallace thesis, first row has the 1st 5 columns filled. Resume? object id=rsXL progid=ADODB.Recordset/ Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=No Dim strUser, strUsrNm, strgrps, strvgd, strnm2. strInput = InputBox(Enter User, UserNm, grps, vgd, nm2) rsXL.Open [Sheet1$], _. rsXL.AddNew Array(F1, F2, F3, F4, F5), _. Array(str1, str2, str3, str4, str5) AddRow strUser, strUsrNm, strgrps, strvgd, strnm2. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet.

RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Try something like this: Dim appexcel, wb. Set appexcel = WScript.CreateObject(Excel.Application) Do Until Len(.Cells(r, 1).Value) = 0. .Cells(r, 1).Value = strUser. .Cells(r, 2).Value = strUsrNm. .Cells(r, 3).Value = strgrps. David Wallace Undergraduate Thesis? .Cells(r, 4).Value = strvgd. .Cells(r, 5).Value = strnm2. Resume? Set wb = Nothing. Set appexcel = Nothing. Wallace Thesis? Hope This Help, PH. Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Thanks a lot for that the script works brilliantly now.

RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Set oFile = oFSO.OpenTextFile(c:newusersnewuser.xls) While oFile.AtEndOfStream True. If InStr(strLine, Test User) 0 Then. 'code will go here. 'code will go here. Group1: Access the spreadsheet to populate the first 9 columns from within the script. (which currently works fine) Group2: Now need to access the spreadsheet to create an entry in columns 1 and 9 only on courtrooms, with the same data as would be created by the script. If column 1 and david foster undergraduate thesis, 9 have existing entries then the script only needs to populate columns 2 to writing ap english 8 yet if there are no exisiting entries then all 9 fields need to be populated.

Set appexcel2 = WScript.CreateObject(Excel.Application) Do Until Len(.Cells(r, 1).Value) = 0. David Foster Undergraduate Thesis? .Cells(r, 1).Value = strUser2. .Cells(r, 2).Value = strUsrnm2. .Cells(r, 3).Value = strgrps2. Resume? .Cells(r, 4).Value = strvgd2. .Cells(r, 5).Value = strnm3. .Cells(r, 6).Value = date. David Wallace Thesis? .Cells(r, 7).Value = time. Thy Name Is Woman? .Cells(r, 8).Value = wshnetwork.username. .Cells(r, 9).Value = strconf. Set wb2 = Nothing. Set appexcel2 = Nothing. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Group1: Access the spreadsheet to populate the first 9 columns from within the script(which currently works fine) Group2: Now need to access the spreadsheet to create an entry in columns 1 and 9 only with the david foster thesis, same data as would be created by the script. If column 1 and frailty essay, 9 have existing entries then the script only needs to populate columns 2 to 8 yet if there are no exisiting entries then all 9 fields need to be populated.

RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. RE: Adding entries to an existing spreadsheet. Set appexcel2 = WScript.CreateObject(Excel.Application) Set ws2 = wb2.worksheets(1) ' checking this. Foster? Do Until bExhausted. If Len(.Cells(r, 2).Value) = 0 Then.

If Len(.Cells(r,1).Value) = 0 Then. Resume? .Cells(r, 2).Value = strUsrnm2. David? .Cells(r, 3).Value = strgrps2. .Cells(r, 4).Value = strvgd2. .Cells(r, 5).Value = strnm3. .Cells(r, 6).Value = date. .Cells(r, 7).Value = time. .Cells(r, 8).Value = wshnetwork.username. Set ws2 = Nothing. Set wb2 = Nothing. Essays? Set appexcel2 = Nothing. Thank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from david, inappropriate posts. The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action. Ap English Essay? Posting in the Tek-Tips forums is a member-only feature. Foster Wallace Undergraduate? Copyright 1998-2017 ENGINEERING.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Thy Name Is Woman? Unauthorized reproduction or linking forbidden without expressed written permission.

Registration on or use of david undergraduate thesis, this site constitutes acceptance of our Privacy Policy.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
David Foster Wallace's student thesis …

Community News For The Valley Edition. HJMS Eighth Grader Is Artist Of The Week. SIMSBURY — Each week the foster undergraduate thesis online student exhibit space ARTSONIA selects works of art from students all around the country in a competition to is woman, represent the Artist of the Week. The Henry James Memorial School Art Department is proud to announce that 8th grader Benjamin Knight was selected as a winner of the david wallace competition for the week of Sept. 24 to 30 in the seventh to ninth grade category. Throughout one week of competition, visitors to the ARTSONIA site vote on their favorite choice from their designated age group. Knight's artwork received a whopping 3,697 votes and was awarded the winning prize for the week. His artwork was also featured on the ARTSONIA website. Knight will receive a commemorative plaque and a $50 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials for art supplies.

The HJMS Art Department will be awarded a $100 gift certificate from Blick as well. Matterhorn International Pro-Am. CANTON — The first Matterhorn International Pro-Am miniature golf tournament was played at Matterhorn Mini Golf on Sept. 23. The event was sponsored by rushessay essay Matterhorn Mini Golf and directed by The Putting Penguin miniature golf course review website. There were 15 competitors in the amateur division that played three rounds in the morning and 19 competitors in the professional division that played five rounds throughout the day. While not an official United States Professional Miniature Golf Association event, the professional division did see several USPMGA members playing and some of the david foster wallace best putters in the New England area, with some coming from as far away as New York to play. The amateur division set the stage for the battles to be had that day as Steven Langlois of East Granby narrowly edged the rest of the field to a good, win by one stroke, shooting a 129. There were playoffs for both second place and foster undergraduate thesis, fourth place, with each sudden death competition ending on ar supervisor the third hole. Daniel Erickson of Wethersfield would take second place, Matthew Liles of david wallace, Manchester secured third and Brian Hogan of rushessay essay, Avon would take the fourth position.

In the professional division the winning margin was also only foster undergraduate thesis, one stroke as Mark The Highlighter Novicki of East Hartford took first place with a score of 198 for the five rounds, outshooting Justin Seymour of East Hartford with a tournament securing ace on the 88th hole. Novicki, a USPMGA pro, earned his nickname after he began to wear bright clothing to tournaments starting with the U.S. Open in is woman, 2015. The win netted Novicki $500 while second place paid $250. David Foster Wallace? Eleven year-old Jonah Hurley of Canton would win third place after a one-hole playoff over Sheridan. The playoff win gave Hurley a $150 payday while Sheridan would leave with $100.

All winners in both divisions also received various Matterhorn and Putting Penguin awards. Pictured left to right are Pat Sheridan, Matthew Liles, Steven Langlois, Daniel Erickson, Brian Hogan and Autumn Sutherland. Also pictured, left to right, are Jonah Hurley, Pat Sheridan, Autumn Sutherland, Mark The Highlighter Novicki and Justin Seymour. Visit www.matterhornminigolf.com for more information. Native American Wills. AVON — The Special Projects Committee of the Avon Historical Society is ar supervisor, pleased to present the third lecture in a series entitled Native American Wills, from david thesis, a genealogy and rushessay essay, research project at Central Connecticut State University on Saturday, Oct. 7, beginning at 4 p.m. at the Avon Senior and Community Center, 635 West Avon Road. The talk will be presented by foster wallace undergraduate Professor Kathy Hermes, PhD, chair of the History Department at essay, CCSU. Dr. Hermes has done extensive research into the lesser known Connecticut tribes: the Wongunk who lived along the Connecticut River, and the Tunxis who lived along the Farmington River.

Other tribes and clans from the Waterbury area and david foster wallace thesis, the New Hartford areas, as well as an area known as Massacoe in Simsbury, traveled through what is now Avon and essay on amitabh bachchan, even erected their wigwams. As part of the Farmington River Valley, Avon was an wallace undergraduate area inhabited by and used by writing a good essay Native peoples well into the colonial period. In the mid-18th century the david undergraduate Wongunk, Tunxis and Mohegan formed a Christian Indian community that eventually became the essays Brothertown Movement. Dr. Hermes will discuss the Native people, their interactions with colonists such as Colonel William Whiting, commander of the 1709 expedition to Canada that marched through Avon, chiefs like Cherry for whom landmarks are named, and the Christian Indians who learned to use English probate law, such as Timothy Indian and the Pewompskin family. A display of Native American artifacts from the Institute of david wallace undergraduate, American Indian Studies Museum and Research Center in short, Washington will be available courtesy of Nancy Najarian. Also included will be a collection of Native American artifacts founds in Avon and along the Farmington River in the mid-20th century that are part of the archives of the Avon Historical Society. Mini Maker Faire.

FARMINGTON — Tunxis Community College, 271 Scott Swamp Road, will host the 3rd annual Greater Hartford Mini Maker Faire on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is free. The family friendly day of innovation for david foster wallace undergraduate thesis all ages will include creative projects, demonstrations, hands-on interactive fun, vendors and food trucks. Projects will showcase robotics, 3-D printing, science demonstrations, design, biotechnology, advanced manufacturing and more. Some of the activities and projects include head scans that are used to create computer models, adaptive technology for toddler toy cars and vehicles, a full-size model tiny house, and a presentation on rushessay essay animal mimicry. There will be lots of wallace, hands-on activities for all ages, with opportunities to use Arduino boards, participate in computer coding, and make towers with Tunxis engineering students. Several Connecticut Community Colleges and Universities will have industry projects on display including a prosthetic arm, a guitar programmed with an essay Arduino board, and energy management career information. For free coffee, tours and a spin on one of their FitDesk bikes, come visit Tunxis Library, a free public resource. Tunxis will also have information available on its credit programs, with Admissions representatives available to foster wallace, answer questions about enrolling for rushessay essay spring semester. Those who plan to attend can sign up in advance for their free tickets on Eventbrite at: http://bit.ly/2gPVlmc, or at the door.

For more information, contact Therese Wallace at foster undergraduate, Therese.Wallace@cbia.com or 860-244-1950. Fire Co. Open House. SIMSBURY — The Simsbury Volunteer Fire Company's open house will be held from ar supervisor, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. Undergraduate? 8, at the fire department's main station, 871 Hopmeadow St. The event will be full of ar supervisor resume, safety literature, displays, demonstrations and undergraduate thesis, a visit from essays, Sparky the Fire Dog. Sparky is the National Fire Protection Association's fire prevention mascot. Foster Wallace Undergraduate Thesis? Fire trucks and equipment will be on display and there will be firefighter demonstrations and free hats and frailty thy name is woman, balloons for the children.

For Fire Prevention Week, the fire company is david undergraduate thesis, assisting in fire drills and giving fire safety presentations at Simsbury schools. This year Fire Prevention Week is being observed nationwide from Oct. 8 through 14, and the theme is Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out! Plan two exits from each room, teach children how to escape on their own, close doors behind you as you leave and essay on eugene onegin, once you are outside, stay outside. Practice your fire drill twice a year, once in the daytime and once at night. David Foster Wallace? Be sure your house numbers are easy to see. Swan Preserve Hike. CANTON — The Canton Land Conservation Trust invites the public to hike the deciduous forest of the Swan Preserve at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15, with Land Trust Director Sarah Faulkner. Birds are plentiful and organizers recommend people bring binoculars.

This is an easy-to-moderate difficulty, one-and-half hour hike. Essays? Wear sturdy walking shoes, and foster wallace thesis, dress for the weather. Please leave dogs at on courtrooms, home. David? In case of writing a good ap english, heavy rain, check www.cantonlandtrust.org for possible postponement. Directions: from Rt. 179 north, turn onto foster thesis Case Street. The Swan Preserve parking area is on the right in about 1/10th of a mile.

Writer Monica Wood To Give Reading at essay on eugene onegin, Westminster School. SIMSBURY — Novelist, memoirist and playwright Monica Wood will give a reading at Westminster School, 995 Hopmeadow St., at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6, as part of the Friday Nights at Westminster series. The student reader will be senior Nicholas Wee, the winner of the school's Brian Ford Writing Prize. The event is free and open to the public and foster wallace thesis, will take place in the Gund Reading Room of the ar supervisor school's Armour Academic Center. David Undergraduate? Wood's most recent novel, The One-in-a-Million Boy, has been published in 19 foreign editions and won a number of awards including a 2017 Nautilus Book Award.

She is also the author of short bachchan, When We Were the Kennedys, a New England best-seller. Ample parking will be available in the parking lot adjacent to Armour Academic Center. The event is made possible by a generous grant from the Ford-Goldfarb English Department Enrichment Fund. Open Golf Classic. AVON — The annual Wide Open Golf Classic will hold its 36th Golf Tournament on david foster undergraduate Friday, Oct.

6, at Blue Fox Run Golf Club in Avon, 65 Nod Road. Dr. Matthew Keefe of Canton Valley Dental along with David Regan of frailty essay, Burlington, Fran Amara of Farmington and Ryan Mains of david, West Hartford will once again organize the tournament. The Wide Open over the years has raised funds for the local High Schools' (Canton, Lewis S. Mills and essays, Northwestern Regional 7) substance abuse programs, Smile Train and has also supported research for the Connecticut Children's Medical Center Oncology Department. With the monies raised in 2016, the Wide Open Committee, invited Chris Herren, a former NBA point guard for the Celtics, who lost his career to foster undergraduate thesis, drugs and alcohol, to speak to the high schools in the Farmington Valley area this coming October. The dates are as follows: Wednesday, Oct. 11, 12:30 p.m.; and again at 7 p.m. (evening presentation - open to ap english essay, public) at Canton High School, followed by david foster wallace undergraduate thesis Thursday, Oct. 12, at 9 a.m., at on eugene onegin, Northwestern Regional High School 7, and at 12:30 p.m. at Lewis Mills High School. Donations were made to help fund the substance free graduation party for Northwestern Regional 7 High School. An additional donation was made by the Wide Open Committee to the charity named Smile Train. Smile Train provides free cleft repair surgeries to children all around the world born with cleft palates and who cannot afford treatment.

If you would like to participate in david wallace thesis, or contribute to the tournament, contact Jill at Canton Valley Dental at 860-693-0887. FARMINGTON — On Thursday, Oct. 5, the ap english Farmington Libraries will host the wallace local duo BluesGrass for a free live concert. The performance will begin at 7 p.m. at the Main Library, located at 6 Monteith Drive. BluesGrass is the acoustic duo of Jon Swift (bass) and Mark White (guitar/harp.) Both share the lead vocal and harmony duties. This event is free and open to the public; registration is requested. Visit www.farmingtonlibraries.org to rushessay essay, register or call 860-673-6791.

Festa di Ottobre. GRANBY — A beer and wine tasting, an Italian dinner, live entertainment, teacup raffles and thesis, a silent auction will highlight Granby UNICO's annual Festa di Ottobre on Monday, Oct. 9, at the Cambridge House Brew Pub, 357 Salmon Brook St. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the event runs until 10 p.m. A cash bar is available after 8 p.m. Tickets are available in advance at the Cambridge House, Village Cork Keg or from any UNICO member, for $35. All proceeds will benefit UNICO's Scholarship Fund, local Granby charities and needy families in essay on eugene, the community during the holidays. David Foster Wallace Undergraduate Thesis? Entertaining at frailty thy name is woman, this Columbus Day festival will be Woodford Way on their acoustic guitars.Wines are provided courtesy of Village Cork Keg and hand crafted beers are courtesy of foster, Cambridge House. Silent auction prizes include vacations donated by ap english Landmark Tours Cruises, and david foster thesis, raffle prizes include gift baskets from local merchants. For further information on the Festa di Ottobre, or the Granby UNICO Club, contact: Anne Guarco at 860-653-2237, Karen Rutigliano at 860-653-5699, Joy Marx at 413-977-6306 or Mary Anne Guarco at ar supervisor resume, 860-250-3257.

One Of Windsor: The Untold Story Of America's First Witch Hanging. SIMSBURY — Beth Caruso, author of One of Windsor: The Untold Story of America's First Witch Hanging, will talk about this tragic and important event in America's colonial history and about her extensive historical research to find out about the victim, Alice Young of wallace, Windsor. She brings to life the essay story of Alice, hanged as a witch on May 26, 1647, in this fictionalized story of Connecticut's first witch hanging. The talk will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct.

10, at 725 Hopmeadow St. Registration through the library is requested by david foster calling 860-658-7663. First Friday Dinners. AVON — A First Friday dinner at Avon Congregational Church, 6 W. Main St., will take place from essay onegin, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6. The menu features chicken parmesan lying on a bed of light marinara sauce, side entrees and a collection of desserts. David? Eat in or take out is essay, available. Dinners are $13 for adults and $7 for david foster wallace thesis children 10 and under. Tickets can be purchased at the church office or at the door.

A portion of the proceeds benefit ShelterBox, an organization that provides international and U.S. disaster relief by proving temporary shelters and supplies to displaced families. AVON — The Avon Historical Society is inviting all decorators, designers, florists and others who are creative to participate in writing a good, Tablescapes, a fundraiser to be held on foster March 23 and essay onegin, 24, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the historic North House. Tablescapes is an opportunity to create and david wallace, display table settings of various themes for the public to enjoy. This local event is open to anyone in the Farmington Valley to show off their skill in table settings, fresh floral arrangements, centerpieces and accessories on one of 25 five-foot round tables in resume, the Belle Ballroom of the historic North House at the bottom of Avon Mountain on Route 44. There is no cost to rent a table, however there is criteria such as fresh flowers and a theme must be submitted prior to the event to wallace, avoid duplication. The society encourages individuals or groups such as garden clubs to participate in this first of its kind event in the Valley. Artists who wish to explore a theme using a table setting and decorations as a canvas are encouraged to participate. Anyone with questions may contact Mary Harrop at 860-670-3225, mcharrop@yahoo.com or Sharon Genovese at moldit16@aol.com or 860-559-2263. A Good Ap English Essay? The deadline to sign up is Nov.

15. Free Career Workshops. FARMINGTON — The community is invited to the following free career workshops at Tunxis Community College in the 700 Building, Tunxis Library Classroom, 271 Scott Swamp Road. Email skapros@tunxis.edu to register. All workshops begin at 10 a.m. on the following dates: Oct. David Foster? 17, Oct. Rushessay Essay? 24, Nov. David Foster? 14, and Dec.

5. Topics are, in on eugene onegin, order of appearance, resume writing, interviewing skills, networking with LinkedIn, creating a resume with your iPhone and social media and your personal brand. Avon's World War II History. AVON — Thanks to the generosity of the david undergraduate thesis Friends of the Avon Library, Katie Kukiolczynski, CCSU MA History graduate, was hired to process, scan, and summarize the World War II newsletter collection with the Marion Hunter History Room of the Avon Library. Visit http://bit.ly/2vBxPMJ to view the collection, which consists of ar supervisor, 14 resident-created newsletters spanning the years 1943-1946. The newsletters were intended for Avon soldiers, and were sent to them wherever they were stationed, either at home or abroad, as well as to their families in Avon. In addition to david, uploading the actual newsletters, Kukiolczynski detailed military commendations and created highlights of each issue.

The newsletters also included some local town gossip and news for on courtrooms soldiers to stay up to date on current happenings around town, so Avon was always a part of wallace, them wherever they were. Senior Bowling League Seeks New Members. SIMSBURY — The Farmington Valley Senior Bowling League invites all area bowlers ages 55 and older to join its Tuesday afternoon league, as a regular member or as a substitute. The team meets at a good ap english, Blue Fox Rock Bowl on Hopmeadow Street in Simsbury, near the Granby line, from 12:45 to approximately 3 p.m., from mid-September into May. All levels of ability are welcome. David Wallace? For more information, call Carol Scoville at 860-676-2711. Coloring For Adults. AVON — The Avon Free Public Library presents Coloring for Adults on Wednesdays this fall. Frailty? All supplies will be provided. The program will be held in the first floor atrium on Oct.

11 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. No registration; just drop in. David Undergraduate? The library is at 281 Country Club Road. For more information, call 860-673-9712, ext. 246. AVON — Free drop-in genealogy at the Avon Public Library, 281 Country Club Road, will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. on frailty thy name the following Wednesdays: Nov. 1 and Dec.

6. Beginners are welcome. David Wallace Undergraduate? Marilyn Giese will provide assistance to ar supervisor resume, those who attend. Teen Job Center. SIMSBURY — The Simsbury Public Library and Simsbury Main Street Partnership are proud to foster thesis, combine efforts and offer the rushessay essay Teen Job Center, a joint effort designed to match teens looking for work with area businesses looking for help. They are currently accepting both teen job applications and business help requests. The positions available will depend on local business needs and may include summer or year-long employment, paid or unpaid internships, or work study opportunities. Foster Undergraduate Thesis? Sara Ray, Teen Services Librarian at the Simsbury Public Library, will match interests and availability based on the applications received. Visit http://www.simsburylibrary.info/teen/teen-job-center/ to fill out rushessay essay a teen job application or a business application. Teens may contact Sara Ray at 860-658-7663 or email sarar@simsburylibrary.info.

Businesses can contact Sarah Nielsen, Executive Director, Simsbury Main Street Partnership, at simmainst@sbcglobal.net. SIMSBURY — The Simsbury Granby Rotary Club meets every Thursday at 7:15 a.m. at the Hop Meadow Country Club, 85 Firetown Road. For membership information contact Club President Ed LaMontagne at undergraduate, edjlam@comcast.net. Christian Science Reading Room. WEST HARTFORD — The Christian Science Church (First Church of resume, Christ, Scientist) announced the relocation of its Reading Room from the church building at 235 Scarborough St., Hartford, to 8 North Main St., West Hartford, marking its return to West Hartford Center. The Christian Science Reading Room welcomes all who wish to spend quiet time in study or prayer. Bibles and foster wallace, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by essay bachchan Mary Baker Eddy, the discoverer and founder of Christian Science, may be read, borrowed, or purchased there, as well as other books, periodicals, and CDs about david foster wallace thesis, Christian Science, its founder, and the healing power of God. The Christian Science Monitor is also available. Attendants are on hand to assist and on courtrooms, answer questions about Christian Science.

The Reading Room is open Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., with free parking available in the parking lot adjacent to the building. Those who wish to foster undergraduate, learn more may visit http://christiansciencect.org/hartford or http://www.christianscience.com, call 860-200-4710, or email csrrhartford@gmail.com. Valley Veterans Meetings. AVON — Veterans may visit with members of essays on courtrooms, VFW Post 3272 at Truffles on Main Restaurant, 300 West Main St., from 8 to 10 a.m., the first Saturday of the every month. To learn more about the Gildo T. Consolini VFW Post 3272, visit avonvfw.com. U.S. Flag Collection. AVON — The Gildo T. Consolini VFW Post 3272 of Avon and the Avon Free Public Library, 281 County Club Road, have joined together to place a collection box in david foster undergraduate, the library lobby for collection of worn U.S. Onegin? flags. The patriotic decorated wooden box was designed by Gary Kollberg, of Farmington, and undergraduate thesis, was built by Brian Freeman, his wife, Charlotte, and essays on courtrooms, daughters, Holly and foster wallace undergraduate thesis, Julia, pictured. Residents of the valley are welcome to donate any and all worn U.S. flags during regular library hours. On Courtrooms? Members of the wallace undergraduate thesis Avon VFW will pick them up on a regular basis for proper disposal.

Tabletop Game Nights. FARMINGTON — The Farmington Libraries will host a monthly tabletop game night on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., at essays, the Main Library, 6 Monteith Drive. Pizza and snacks will be provided. Games played will include Gloom, Munchkin, Settlers of Catan, Scrabble, chess, Apples to Apples, and foster wallace undergraduate thesis, more. Thy Name Essay? Have suggestions for wallace thesis great tabletop games? Contact Anna at aboisvert@farmingtonlibraries.org. This event is free and open to the public, ages 12 and up. Space is limited. Registration required. Rushessay Essay? Call 860-673-6791 for details or register through the library's website at farmingtonlibraries.org. AREA — The Metropolitan District Commission will be conducting its state-mandated annual watershed sanitary survey and inspection program in the towns of Barkhamsted, Hartland, New Hartford, Burlington, Harwinton, Torrington, Winsted, Avon, Simsbury, Bloomfield, and West Hartford.

The purpose of the program, which will continue through November, is to prevent contamination of the MDC's drinking water supplies as a result of, among other things, septic system failure, erosion, runoff, and other potential pollutants. Routine watershed sanitary surveys are required by Section 19-13-B102(b) of the Connecticut Public Health Code. Property inspections will take place in the towns of Barkhamsted and Hartland on the Barkhamsted Reservoir watershed; in New Hartford, Burlington, Harwinton, Torrington and Winsted on david foster wallace undergraduate the Nepaug Reservoir watershed; and in the towns of Avon, Simsbury, Bloomfield, and West Hartford on the West Hartford/Reservoir No. 6 watersheds. Routine field inspections take only a few minutes and will be conducted by MDC's Watershed Inspector who carries appropriate MDC identification and drives an authorized MDC vehicle.

The Inspector does not enter homes; the essay on amitabh bachchan inspection is limited to foster undergraduate, the exterior portions of the real property. If a violation or an issue is detected, it is reported to the property owner and health officials as required by law. Property owners may receive more information by contacting the MDC Watershed Management Unit, Barkhamsted Water Supply Division at writing ap english essay, 860-379-0916 extension 3103 or 860-278-7850 extension 3103. Softball Umpires Sought. STATEWIDE — The North Central Connecticut Board of Softball Umpires is seeking new members for the 2017 season.

Our board provides services to schools, youth and adult recreational leagues in the greater Hartford area. No experience necessary. David Foster Undergraduate? For more information or to join, contact Al at prez798@aol.com or call/text 860-205-1688. HARTFORD — Operation Fuel's statewide network of writing a good ap english essay, fuel banks started taking energy assistance applications on Wednesday, July 5, from households that are in financial crisis and are in danger of david undergraduate thesis, having their utility services terminated. Individuals who need energy assistance should call 211. The annual winter moratorium, which prevents households from having their electricity and gas shut off, ended on May 1 and will not resume until Nov. 1.

Energy affordability is a year-round problem for more than 322,000 Connecticut households. Operation Fuel is Connecticut's only statewide nonprofit energy assistance program. For the fiscal year, which ends June 30, Operation Fuel has provided over $3.3 million in writing, energy assistance to more than 7,830 households. This includes $2.1 million in energy assistance for the 2017 winter program and $1.2 million in energy assistance last summer. Now in its 40th year, Operation Fuel is david foster, a statewide nonprofit program that provides emergency energy assistance year-round to lower-income working families and individuals, the elderly, and disabled individuals who are in financial crisis.

Write my essay -
David Foster Wallace - Wikipedia

IGCSE and GCSE Geography Coursework (Paper 4) Paper 4 is the alternative to coursework paper that is worth 27.5% of your final IGCSE grade. The coursework paper tests your understanding of how coursework is carried out. The paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long and divided into david foster undergraduate two 30 mark questions. You answer all the questions on the examination paper, most questions are short in length, between 1 and 4 marks. The paper requires a combination of knowledge and essay on eugene, skills. The questions usually focus on david foster thesis coursework to do with; coasts, rivers, settlements or weather.

As a IGCSE geographer it is possible to carry out coursework on many aspects of the course. Possible topics and areas of study may include: Changes in river velocity from essays source to wallace undergraduate, mouth Changes in load (shape and size) from source to mouth Changes in channel depth, width, cross-section and wetted perimeter from source to ar supervisor resume, mouth Changes in wallace undergraduate, discharge from thy name source to mouth Changes across a meanders cross section Changes in river gradient from david foster wallace undergraduate thesis source to mouth Changes in valley size and gradient from source to mouth Changes in land use a long a river Changes in pollution along a rivers' course (you need proper equipment for this) Changes in vegetation (cover and variety) moving inland Changes in beach profile and frailty thy name, sand dune profile Speed of longshore drift Changes in land use Changes in defences (compare to land use) Changes in beach or dune material (size or shape) Changes in undergraduate thesis, land use Changes in traffic (maybe CBD to rural-urban fringe) Changes in pedestrians Number and type of tourists Changes in the quality of the ar supervisor resume, environment or pollution levels (may look at wallace undergraduate thesis the impact of industry) Changes in essay bachchan, globalisation Changes in cost of products Comparison to Burgess or Hoyt Model Changes in wealth or population density (will have to use some secondary data) Sphere of influences of settlements or services.

Changes in david foster wallace thesis, temperature throughout the a good ap english, day or between seasons Changes in rainfall Changes in humidity Changes in hours of sunshine or cloud cover Changes in wind speed and wind direction. Before you choose your coursework you have to decide if you live in a suitable study location. Foster! For example it is rushessay essay no use trying to do a piece of coursework on rivers, if you live in the middle of a desert. Before starting your coursework, you should also think about undergraduate thesis how you can carry out the coursework safely and definitely carry out a risk assessment. Essays On Courtrooms! You can make your coursework safer by doing the following: Protection from the david foster wallace, weather (waterproof jacket, umbrella, hat, suncream) Sensible dress (remember you will be representing your school, but you should also wear clothes that don't draw attention to yourself Always carry out coursework in groups Always tell an adult or teacher where you area carrying out coursework Always carry a mobile phone with you Never do coursework near a river or the sea without an adult or teacher and without them checking that it is safe Carry out coursework in day light and wear reflective clothes Check that your study area is safe. Ap English! For example it wouldn't be safe walking around downtown San Salvador Don't display valuables making you more vulnerable to crime e.g. if you have a camera or a phone keep it out of sight. Specification: Formulating aims and hypotheses: Candidates should be familiar with hypotheses as statements that form the david wallace thesis, basis of Coursework assignments. The hypotheses may investigate a geographical concept e.g. Rushessay Essay! ‘A CBD has the highest concentration of comparison shops’. Foster Wallace! Collecting relevant data, analysis and short essay, drawing conclusions using the data as evidence can test these.

The width of a river will increase as you move from the source to foster thesis, the mouth The amount of traffic will increase as you move from the rushessay essay, rural-urban fringe to the CBD The amount of foster thesis, vegetation will increase as you move inland from the sea (distance = 200metres) The hottest part of the day will be between 1200 and 1400. Whenever you are doing data collection, the aim is to be as objective as possible. Objective means that no bias or personal opinion affects the outcome of your results. The opposite to be objective is being subjective. Being subjective simple means that your own personal views and bias has influenced results. It is up to date (current) You know how the data has been collected i.e. what technique It only includes data that is relevant to your coursework It only covers your study area It is a good essay collected in the format that you want. You can study temporal changes e.g. how population has changed over a number of years It can be quicker, especially if the data is on the internet You can study a larger area It may include data that you can not obtain personally e.g. salaries. The data may include some personal bias Data collection can be time consuming It can be expensive to travel to places to collect data It is hard to study temporal changes Some data might be unavailable or too dangerous to collect Only possible to cover a small area. It is out of date, especially if it has been printed in a book. Foster! There might more information than you need The information may include a larger area than your study area You may not know how the data was collected and who collected the on courtrooms, data The data might be in the wrong format e.g. in a graph and not raw figures.

Quantitative data: This is any data that involves figures. Quantitative data is very easy to present and analyse. Even though it is easy to david undergraduate thesis, present it can be very general and exclude some data. Because you are following a pattern you will get better coverage of an area or sample group. On Eugene Onegin! Even though you pick the wallace undergraduate, technique, once it is picked, there is ar supervisor no bias in who gets selected.

It is very simple to understand and carry out. Because you are selecting the systematic technique, there is some bias (subjectivity). You decide how often to take a sample. Even with a systematic sample you may end up with an unrepresentative sample e.g. you ask every 10th person to fill in a questionnaire, but every 10th person turns out to be female. Every person or every location/place has a completely equal chance of being selected It is quick and simple. Because it is totally random, results maybe completely random and not representative e.g. when randomly selecting names out of wallace undergraduate, hat to ask questionnaires too, you only essay on eugene onegin, pick females. Stratified sampling: Because both systematic and random sampling can give you a unrepresentative sample, if you have some secondary data that allows you to rank your sample group you can then carry out stratified sampling. For example if you are carrying out environmental indexes in a city that has 12 districts, if you randomly or systematically select four, you may pick th efour best or the david foster wallace undergraduate, four worst. However, if you know the rushessay essay, average income of those 12 areas (census data) you can them rank them 1 to 12 and then randomly or systematically pick a district from each quartile giving you a more representative sample. Decide on your questions (what do you need to find out and what type of david wallace undergraduate, question are you going to ask) Whether to do the questions orally or give them in written form (you may have to think about translations) How you are going to rushessay essay, pilot (test) your questions How you are going to record the answers (record them, write them down, trying to remember is unreliable) How you are going to sample (random, systematic, stratified) Remember that you are representing yourself and the school - be polite Remember people don't have to answer questions and they may be sensitive about some e.g. age groups and david, income groups.

When actually designing your questions you have two real choice; open or closed: You are getting the respondents personal opinion. They are not limited in their response. Some responses might not be relevant to your research Respondents may not understand the question and give you an irrelevant response Results are very hard to analyse using graphs or tables. All answers will be relevant to essays, your research The results are easy to analyse using graphs and david foster undergraduate, tables. The results lack personal opinion. They can be very generalised You are nearly always forced to essay on amitabh, have an other box meaning you don't know what the undergraduate, respondent thinks Your personal opinion has been placed on the questions (subjective). Specification: Observation – Examples of resume, using observations as an enquiry skill to collect data include the david undergraduate, recording of frailty is woman, land-use in thesis, an urban area or observations of river or coastal features. Maps, recording sheets, field sketches and annotated photographs may all be used to record candidate observations. It is rushessay essay important to always have an david undergraduate other category, because you always find a land use that you have not thought about. They are more accurate than field sketches They can be good for showing data collection techniques e.g. Essays! measuring a river's load They can support data collection findings e.g. they can show an example of a poor environment They can show temporal changes, especially if you can find historical photos.

You can annotate and label them. People often include photos that are not relevant e.g. a photo of their friends People forget to label, annotate or refer to photos, which then makes them irrelevant. David Foster Undergraduate! People often only photograph the nice things e.g. pretty view and essay, forget the more ugly areas that are just as important e.g. area of pollution They can often contains too much information e.g. people and vehicles Because they are two dimensional, depth can be deceptive. Specification: Counts – Pedestrian and undergraduate thesis, traffic counts are two significant examples of this enquiry skill. A Good Ap English! Appropriate methods for recording the counts should be discussed including the layout of david wallace undergraduate, recording sheets, instructions and the necessary information required to identify the sheet following the count (i.e. time, date, location and name of recorder). Geography fieldwork equipment can be used to frailty thy name essay, measure virtually anything, but is most commonly used to david foster thesis, take measurements along a river or at a beach. Below are photos and descriptions of some of the most common types of geography equipment. Transect: A transect is short on amitabh bachchan basically a line a long which you take measurements.

You may have a transect that runs from the rural-urban fringe to the CBD or a transect that runs from the sea in land through sand dunes. In a real piece of coursework, you would explain how all your data was collected. In your description you would probably contain the following information: Date, time and location of data collection Group size Description and copy of foster wallace undergraduate thesis, data collection forms used e.g. questionnaires or counts Explanation of how the forms were used e.g. sample size, count period, count technique, etc. Description of equipment and an explanation of its use. Instead of writing a methodology in your exam, you may be asked to write a set of instructions, explaining how data collection should be carried out. A Good Essay! For example you might be asked to give a set of instructions for doing a traffic count. You might say: Find a safe location near the road your are counting traffic Count the traffic in both directions for a 10 minute period A tally should be used for counting because this is easy and quick At the end of 10 minutes count up the totals for wallace each type of vehicle. You may also be asked about essay on amitabh how your data collection could be improved. Foster! Improvements may be made in rushessay essay, some of the following ways:

Do counts more regularly e.g. every one or two hours Do counts, surveys or indexes in more locations Do counts, surveys and indexes on foster wallace different days of the week (including weekends) Get two groups doing the same survey, index or count so that an frailty average may be taken. Specification: Data presentation techniques: A knowledge of the illustrative techniques to present data across the topics for Paper 4 is required. David Undergraduate! This should include, various types of graphs, maps and diagrams for example line graphs, bar graphs, divided bar graphs, histograms, flow diagrams, wind rose graphs, isoline maps, scatter graphs, pie graphs, triangular graphs and radial graphs. If you are asked to short bachchan, complete a graph or table, all the data will be there for you so read the data carefully and foster undergraduate thesis, complete the ar supervisor resume, graph/table/diagram carefully. Shows spatial distribution e.g. dot map Shows variations between regions and foster, countries e.g. choropleth map Visually interesting (interesting colours, symbols) Very bold and clear Easy to understand Clearly shows trends and anomallies. Can disguise intra-region or intra-country variations e.g. choropleth map Hard to see trends and anomalies Very complicated to read Symbols take up to much room. Specification: Analysis: Candidates should be able to frailty thy name essay, describe the patterns in data presented in graphs and wallace, tables of results.

Reference to on eugene, relevant geographical knowledge and understanding is often required in david foster wallace, the interpretation of the data. Practice of this skill will improve success in Paper 4 questions. Look for trends and rushessay essay, correlations (if there is not a overall trend, look for foster undergraduate thesis smaller trends) Look for essay anomalies (things that don't fit the general trend) When ever you refer to trend and anomalies you must support with evidence e.g. facts and figures from graph or table. Try and explain trends (refer back to david foster wallace undergraduate, theory or other information that you have discovered in your investigation) Try and explain anomalies. Specification: Formation of conclusions: Using the evidence from the data, candidates should be able to make judgements on the validity of the original hypothesis or aims of the assignment. Reference is also required of the reliability of the short bachchan, collected data and a critical evaluation of the chosen data collection methods.

Refer back to wallace undergraduate, original hypothesis Use some data to support your findings Refer to theory (if mentioned in introduction) - do your findings agree or disagree with theory State what you have learnt from your investigation. Evaluation : In an on courtrooms evaluation you state what went well in david foster wallace undergraduate, your research, but also how it can be improved or extended in short essay, the future. If you are asked to write an david wallace undergraduate evaluation, think about the following: What went well (keep this brief) Any problems with data collection e.g. bad weather, missing data, sampling technique, questions, data collection form Data that could be useful in the future e.g. secondary data from government, more questionnaires (bigger sample) Additional hypothesis that you could have used Problems with time or money that could be changed in the future. Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC.